Chapter 3: Ripley

Start from the beginning

Melanie's P.O.V.

My thoughts came to a clear and I flung my eyes open and sat up with no warning. Little did I know, I had some dude right over the top of me, and when I sat up, our faces nearly collided. I thought I might have heard him mutter 'shit' or something as he quickly dodged out of the way. I could feel my face getting hot as I saw heaps of people including the band, all... staring at me.

"Um, are you okay? Sorry about that. She gets a little too excited sometimes..." I heard the slender guy that was just over the top of me that had the dog with him when he came in. 

I turned to look at him.

"Yeah I'm fine, I think. Just try to use your muscles next time and not let go of your dog's lead."

As soon as I said that, the whole room burst out laughing and I heard a few comments like "yeah, listen to the woman, Izzy" amongst some other things. Everyone moved away then and got back to setting up. Except this dude was still kneeling next to me.

"Yeah, as I said, I'm sorry. Sometimes I think my dog gets more distracted than I do..." He looked quite embarrassed once he said that and he tried to cover up but standing and holding his hand out to me to help me get up.

I suddenly remembered that this guy was the last member of the band. He was sort of attractive with a slender face and body, with a rock-mop with a fringe that slightly covered his eyes. He had dark eyes; no doubt he was probably hungover, coked out and tired, and I think he knew this since he slid his sunglasses back on, and suddenly he started to walk away with his dumb dog by his side.

I straightened my clothes and brushed off some dust.

"Yeah, I'm fine though by the way" I yelled out to him.

He turned around quickly and he straightened his lips in an attempt to acknowledge my comment (I think) and continued to walk off. I stood there for a moment watching him catching up with his band and chatting. Some members patted his dog as the others got their instruments ready.

What a cheery and totally not sulky bloke... I thought sarcastically.

"You alright to start, kid?" I turned around and saw Paul with a sympathetic smile. "You took quite a flogging there..."

"Yeah, I'm alright. That just gives me another reason not to like dogs." I said bluntly and a little louder so he could hear.

"Alrighty. Well, you'll be with Chris on the main camera "he motioned over to the front of the stage set to a large camera sitting on tracks with a chair and a stand attached to it. "You can have the job of sitting and keeping the camera focused so you don't have to expel that much energy, and Chris'll be swinging the camera around slowly."

*

I spent roughly 4 hours sitting on my arse keeping one eye through a camera lens looking at the scrubby rockers performing the same song over and over again, and the whole crew and band were all wearing out. Although I was very impressed that 'Guns N' Roses' actually performed the song to get the clip as realistic as possible. I think I remember the main singer mentioning that he didn't want to look like a twat lip-syncing the clip. We shot different angles and two separate shots of black and white film and colour, and at about 7 pm we finally finished. But I did notice that in between shots, I saw the guy with the dog often glancing over at me. I couldn't really read his expression very well since he kept his bloody sunglasses on all day, and it kind of annoyed me he kept looking at me. I thought quickly and hoped he wasn't getting any ideas, besides thinking about apologising to me...

"Alright, guys, that's finally a wrap!" Paul yelled as everyone groaned in relief. "The crew can pack up tomorrow because I'm sure none of us can be fucked to pack up now." Some of us laughed as we all flooded the exit and walked out into the balmy daylight savings afternoon.