-018

Happy and the boys had carried the bodies out and I felt sad at the way things were between us. He hadn't looked twice at me when they left to get rid of them. The threat was gone, mostly, now that Andrew was gone though I didn't doubt his family would put out a missing persons and have me questioned. But my mind was on Tara, I hoped and prayed she was safe wherever she was and that her baby was unharmed.

Now I sat on the kitchen floor eating a piece of cold pizza after spending the last hour scrubbing up any blood I could see, I still had blood all over me but the kitchen looked way better. I was trying to find the energy to get up and shower, the adrenaline had all worn off and I was feeling exhausted. The sound of Happy's bike pulled me from my thoughts and I stood and walked towards the front door and stood against the door way that led from the kitchen.

The door opened and his dark intense eyes met mine with no emotions as he shut the door behind him "I'm sorry" he mumbled before he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me lifting me up against the wall.

Placing my hands either side of his face I lent my forehead against his "I should've told you, I just kind of thought if I didn't speak about it, it would go away"

He lent into my hands and sighed "I shouldn't of lost my temper with you" he mumbled and I melted into his arms. This feeling of understanding with someone else was something I'd never felt before and after this evenings events, even though I was covered in the blood of my ex, I felt even more at home in this mans arms and my emotions started to get the best of me as my eyes overflowed with tears.

He lent back his dark eyes filled with confusion "why are you crying?"

"Long day" I sighed "let me fix you something to eat"

We sat and ate cold pizza together before retreating to shower and climb into bed. As we lay in silence next to each other, my legs lazily draped over his I couldn't help feeling like he was on the cusp of saying something he couldn't quite get out, he wasn't much of a talker at the best of times but he was tense and I didn't think tonight was the reason why.

Before I could think much more he cleared his throat "So in a couple of weeks baby, I- ahh...am going to be going away for a while"

"Where?" I asked feeling my stomach drop, automatically assuming he was leaving me.

"Stockton" I felt his arms cross over his chest and his head turn towards me in the dark "I'll be out in fourteen months with good behaviour"

I felt a wave of relief rush over me as I laughed "oh my fucking god, you could've led with that I thought you were leaving me!"

He scoffed "I told you you're stuck with me forever Evie" he moved closer and pressed a hungry kiss against my lips before flipping me so I was fully underneath him "you know? Seeing you in all that blood tonight really did he for me" he mumbled into my ear sending shivers all the way up my spine.

My brain went into over drive as he hands roamed my body, and sucked and nipped at my neck. All thoughts of the night disappeared from my brain as I gave in and let my instincts take over. Any of my worries would just have to wait until morning.