"  What can i say. I am a police officer whom is just curious about solving a case that happened to fall in my hands. I have no other benefits but the simple pleasure that  a solved case can bring to someone of my profession." He nonchalantly replied as he placed his hands in the pockets of his coat. His eyes not leaving yours even for a second, as if he was expecting to observe something out of your next reply.

" Right. I thank you for being this interested in the matter then and doing your job well. I do hope you keep me informed in case you come across something worth pointing out." You placed your thin smile on your lips, as you practically rejected to cooperate with him or give any information simply because as he said he was a police officer and he certainly wouldn't care about the feelings you had invested in this case and which were the drive of your actions. For him it was just another case, for you it was a purpose to live on and avenge her.

"Oh Mrs Lee, not so quickly. You shouldn't be the one rejecting to give me information as i am working on your benefit too." Namjoon left a smile reach at the corner of his lips as he had decided to do this move that would either bring him in trouble with Jimin for saying too much, or would bring him one step closer to solving the case that has been tormenting his mind.

" Don't you know? That someone is currently targeting your life?" His words left his mouth simply and effortlessly, however they caused a grand shake on the calmness of your thoughts, causing your eyes to grow wide.

"What? What do you mean by this, officer Kim?" You questioned, a bit terrified as you suddenly recalled the moment by the pool with the red dot, from which Jimin had saved you back then.

"I shouldn't be the one saying you this Mrs, since you are also a suspicious character on my list, however I judge as right letting you know that, whoever that person is and whatever their reasons to want you dead may be. You are under their aim." He could distinguish clearly the fear that woke in your eyes and somehow he felt a little bad to be taking advantage of your vulnerable physical and psychological state, only to push you a bit farther and maybe utter something which could be of help to him.

"That's absurd. How do you have such information? Why would anyone target me? I have done nothing to anyone and there would be no reason for an-" You halted your tongue as the contract you had with TaeYong suddenly popped to mind, washing your security away.

If he was to take you out of the picture he would be both free from the marriage you had trapped him into and keep all the financial benefits of the contract as well. He would clearly benefit from your death however you were left speechless, thinking that you had him capable of going to such extents.

"I see you aren't that sure Mrs Lee." Namjoon pointed out as he shoved his hand at the inner pocket of his coat and retrieved a card from it.

"Whenever you find the need to talk. Feel free to contact me." He handed you the card and you looked at it for a moment before hesitantly taking it and then watching hin bow his head as he excused himself. Leaving you behind in a chaotic state of mind.

---Change of set---

Jimin was pacing up and down the corridor waiting for Namjoon to get out of your room and when his figure fell to his sight, he rushed to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him to the side.

"What did you talk about with her?" He asked her as that was the main point of his worry, thinking that if he was to say something wrong, it would ruin many things for the job he was trying to achieve, which he hadn't told Namjoon off.

He knew after all that if he was to know that his job wasn't to be your butler but to be the one that would make you cheat on your husband, he would demand of him to let that job go immediately.

"She definitely knows something and her knowledge is possibly the reason her life is in danger. I also informed her of that fact." Namjoon casually informed him and stayed quiet, witnessing the shocked expression that took over Jimin's face.

"Why the heck you did that? How will you justify your knowledge?" Jimin argued back, disapproving with namjoon's decision to let you in such an information.

"I don't need to, i am a police officer. You have nothing to worry, it's better now that she knows because she will have psychological pressure on her and she will eventually slip emotionally and speak up. It may sound cruel but we use it on witnesses sometimes to get them to say the whole truth. "Namjoon explained one of the normal procedures for him as a police officer.

" Just have her up close. Be you the person whom will burst all those emotions too and get us information. Got it? "He patted Jimin's shoulder before turning to leave.

" You go back to her for now. I will be with SooLin. " Jimin watched him go before letting himself lean on the wall behind him, his head falling backwards, as he faced the ceiling and sighed deeply in exhaustion.

He didn't like at all how this had turned out because it just involved him being forced to say more lies as well as it involved more people trying to mess with your emotions just to get what they wanted.

It made him feel terrible, how exposed you were to all those threats around you and somehow he really disliked the unfairness of it all but he also knew that there was no turning back from this.

---to be continued.....