Chapter 31: Breaking Point Part One

Angel's POV:

After Ally left the house, Riley proposed to me. I was in such a good mood for the rest of the day. I still couldn't believe he asked me to marry him. I was in such high spirits. I told my Mama, Keisha, and everyone the news. They were all excited. Even the twins were happy for me. They were super thrilled to spend time with their Dad. I was too. The twins could be with their Dad, just like I planned. As I and Kacey and Keisha were admiring my ring, Riley and Andre were taking all of Ally's stuff and putting it to the curb outside. I smiled. "Oooh bitch. I can already see the wedding." Kacey said. "Well don't spoil it. I wanna surprise everyone." I said.

She grinned. "Okay now I wanna help plan the wedding." Mama said. "Uh, girls what do you think?" I asked, looking at the twins. They were too busy coloring. "Okay never mind then." I said. "Oooh bitch. I'm so excited for this." Keisha said. "I grinned. "Me too." I said. We spent the rest of the morning talking about the wedding. Riley decided that he wanted to spend time with the girls. So the four of us went out to eat. As we sat in the McDonald's play area, I looked at the girls. Even though they helped Riley make pancakes, it was kind of awkward for them. They just stared at each other.

So girls, anything you wanna say to your Dad?" I asked, curiously. They stared at him and shook their heads. "Okay well y'all go play. We'll go order." I said, standing up. They ran off to the swing set. Me and Riley walked in the building. "They don't like me, do they?" He asked, sadly. I scoffed. "They like you. They just need to get used to you." I said. Then I gasped. "How bout y'all spend time together without me?" I said. His eye widened. "Nooo. That's gonna make things more awkward. Besides, I don't know what to say to them." He said. "Just talk to them. Rina may come off a bit defensive but that's how she is when it comes to Riley." I said. He stared at me. "So Rina is the one with the smart mouth." He said.

I nodded and looked at him. "And I have an idea who she got it from." I said, making a face. He stuck his middle finger up at me. "Fuck you. So how come Riley is so quiet?" He asked. "She does have a mouth. She just prefers to keep quiet. You gotta really test her to get her to freak. And she grew silent because Brodrick keeps threatening to tell on her to me for petty shit." I said. "Well Brodrick isn't here anymore." He said. I looked at him then behind him. I didn't see the twins. I quickly ran out the door and over to the play area. "Riley? Rina?" I called. They both peeled their heads out of a slide. They giggled when they seen me.

They quickly ran up then slide and out of sight. I sighed in relief. "Angel what's up?" Riley asked. "I'm sorry. Force of habit." I said. We walked back inside and up to the counter. "What is it?" Riley asked. I sighed. "Well Brodrick always threatened take the girls far away from me. So whenever I don't see them in my peripheral, I get scared." I said. He put his hands on my back. "Angel relax. Brodrick is not here anymore. He won't get them." He said. "I have to keep telling myself that." I said. We ordered our food and walked back outside to the play area. The twins ran over to us and ate. "Girls please speak to your father." I said. Riley widened his eyes at me. "What should we say?" Rina asked.

"Anything. His favorite color, song, food, there's a billion things to ask." I said. They looked at Riley. "How come in named after you?" Riley asked. Riley looked at me. "Angel, why is she named after me?" He asked. I shrugged. "Cause I missed you." I said, smiling. He kissed me. "Eww." The twins said. "Shit up." I said, frowning. "No ew. That's how you two were made." He said. I kicked his leg. "What?" They asked. "Nothing. Forget it." I said, quickly. "Okay so if your our Dad, how come you weren't here for us?" Rina asked. He stared at her. "Ya know, my sister wasn't one to speak her mind like this one." He muttered to me. I rolled my eyes.