Chapter 26: Taken

Riley's POV:

After the Magic Council took Angel away, I was still loopy. They injected me with something and it made me sleepy. I woke up to shocks all over my body. It was painful. This was my punishment for dating someone outside my species. I came back to my cell and some other stuff happened but I was too loopy to catch on. Then the Magic Council took Angel away again because they couldn't have her he shocks they gave me. They said something about her being immune. They came back with her saying that we could leave but Angel had to come back for her punishment. They couldn't do anything to punish her probably because she was pregnant and that the baby was making her immune.

So we left. I looked back at the Magic Council. They didn't show any emotion at all. I looked at Angel. She seemed perfectly fine. I wrapped my arms around her. "Riley I'm so sorry for all of this. I should've never came back here." She said. "I know." I said. I looked at everyone else who came with us. "Angel, where did you go?" Kaira asked. "Yeah. You just left without telling us. Your room is empty." Dad said. "I've moved. None of you would support me or my decision for dating Riley so I left." She said. "Angel you know the punishment for desertion." Alpha said. "Fine. Make me a rogue." She cried. Tears streamed down her face. "No. Don't do that. Look, Alpha? It's not her fault. It's mine." I said.

"Oh is it?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes. Angel didn't want to leave but I made her. I didn't want to leave her here to raise our baby by herself." I said. "She wasn't gonna be by herself. We would've helped her." Kaira said. "Didn't seem like it." Angel muttered. "What?" Kaira said. "It's didn't seem like it. Mama you were so pissed at me for being pregnant." She said. "Because your too young Angel." Tristan said. "I know." She said. "Look there's nothing she can do about it." Andre said. He held his head. "You all right kid?" Ralph asked. Andre nodded. "My head hurts from glimpses." He said. "Glimpse?" Keisha repeated. "Yup. Psychics heads hurt when they're under stress so they start to see glimpses of our visions." Kacey said. "How come your not hurting?" Kaira asked. "Cause I'm pregnant too." Kacey said.

"Lord Jesus Kacey." She said. "Look pregnancy happens the same way it happened to y'all." Kacey said, angrily. We all walked off towards town. We stopped at a restaurant to eat. I looked at Angel. She didn't look too happy. "You okay?" I asked. She shook her head. "No. I wanna go home. Our home." She said. "Let's go then." I said. I called out to Kacey and Andre. "Y'all ready you leave?" I asked. They nodded. "Leave?" Tristan repeated. "Yes. We live somewhere else now." Angel said, angrily. She looked back. "Keisha you coming?" She asked. Keisha shook her head. "Nah. I changed my mind. The Magic Council would kill me." She said. Me, Angle, Kacey, and Andre walked out the restaurant. Angel's family tried to plead with her to stay. Angel didn't want to.

We walked out the door and into the woods. "Angel?" Someone called. We turned around to see Brodrick. I glared at him. "What are you doing here?" Kacey asked, angrily. He ignored her. "Angel I wanna talk to you." He said. "Brodrick, whatever it is, not now. I'm gong home." Angel said. "Angel please." Brodrick said. We looked at him. He had a certain look in his eye. "What is it?" Angel asked. "I have to tell you something." He said. His voice broke. I didn't like this. His body language was suspicious. Angel came closer to him. "Angel look....I love you." He said. I growled and rolled my eyes. "Brodrick." Angel said. "No Angel. I love you so so much. You mean everything to me. I know I'm not your mate but I can love you like I am." He said.

Angel shook her head. "No Brodrick. Okay? I don't love you. I love Riley." She said. His eye twitched. "And that's your final word?" He asked. She nodded and started to turn around. Then Brodrick pulled out a gun and aimed it at Angel's head. Kacey screamed. I gasped. Angel froze. "Brodrick calm down." I said. "Shut up Riley!!! Angel I tried to be nice and do things right. But I guess you don't want that." He said. Angel stared at him in horror. "Brodrick....put the gun down." She said. "No. Angel I fucking love you. You left me for him?!" He cried. He fired the gun in my direction. I dodged it. "Brodrick please!!" Angel cried. "Turn around." He said. We stared at him. "NOW!!" He shouted. Angel did just that.