Chapter 22: Tread Lightly

Riley's POV:

After my Dad got in Angel's head, I had to defend myself once again. I never killed anyone in entire life. I'm so glad angel believes me and not my Dad. I hated him even more for trying to turning my own mate against me. Luckily Ralph has my back and backed me up. Me and Angel been on good terms and hopefully we can stay that way. I looked at her as she and Kacey talked. We were at the waterfall behind the abandoned house. I wanted to come here by myself but Andre told the girls where I was and they came over. I wasn't mad or anything just kind of annoyed. I looked out at the waterfall. Then I felt arms around me. I looked over to see Angel hugging me. "What's wrong love?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know." I said. She moved her hands around my waist and she sat down on the ground and looked up at me.

"Riley." She said. I looked behind her at the water. It was so smooth. She looked at what I staring at. "Wanna go swimming?" She asked. "Do wolves like swimming?" I asked, curiously. She nodded. "Who doesn't like swimming?" She said. Kacey came over. "So Riley you going in or what?" She asked. I looked at the water. "Yup." I said. Andre ran past me. "Race y'all down." He said. Angel transformed and ran after him. I transformed into a dragon and flew after them. I flew faster than Angel but it was hard to keep up with Andre. We were side by side. But Andre was faster than me. He dived in the water. I dived in after him. I surfaced and glared at him. "You run like a turtle. What kept you?" He asked, smirking. "A few more seconds and I would've had you." I said. "Please. I beat you easy." He said. Kacey swam up to him and kissed him.

I looked around for Angel. I saw her climbing out the water, shaking her fur. I swam over to her. "Angel, you okay?" I called. She looked at me and nodded. Then she heaved. She did this a few mores time before throwing up. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I walked up next to her. She looked up at me before throwing up again. I turned away. Then she walked up to me and nuzzled me with her head. I smiled and rubbed her head. She licked my face. "Oh God Angel." I exclaimed. She laughed a wolf laugh. She waved her tail. She bent down and looked at me. I was confused as to what it do. "She wants you to get on her back." Kacey yelled. I looked back at her then at Angel. She nodded. I climbed on her back and held on tight. She then took off running. It was amazing. This was different than flying.

Angel ran around for a bit til we came back to the abandoned house. She trotted in the building and down a floor. I kissed her head. She paused and looked up at me. I smiled. She then bent down. I got off of her. She transformed and stared at me. "What?" I said. "I never had anyone kiss my head before." She said. "What?" I said. "Not like that anyway. It was just strange." She said. I wrapped my arms around her. "There's no need for it to be strange love." I said. We walked in the house and upstairs. She looked around. "Riley do you think we can get this house?" She asked. "No." I said. "Why not?" She asked, softly. Her voice was so sweet, like a child's. "Because Andre already called dibs on this house. He's having his parents buy the house and they're gonna fix it up and put it back on the market. He's gonna but it for him and Kacey." I said.

She grew quiet. "Well that's not fair." She said, suddenly. "I know." I said. We walked to the front of the house and outside on the porch. We sat down on the beach swing. I had Angel lay across me. I played in her hair as she stared off into the woods. "Riley?" Angel called. "Yes princess?" I said. She smiled. "What do you want the baby to be?" She asked. That question stumped me. "I don't know. I do want a son but I also want a daughter who looks just like her mother." I said. "I want a girl." She said. "Why?" I asked. She shrugged. "Their easier to manage." She said. I cocked my head to the side. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, curiously. "I feel like girls are easier because we're stronger." She said. "Y'all are stronger that boys?" I asked. She nodded. I scoffed. "How? In what way?" I asked.