Chapter 2: Heartless

Riley's POV:

As I stared up at the ceiling, I thought about my life. It fucking sucked. I heard footsteps approaching. Then my cell door slamming open. "Yo Riley!! Get up!!" The guard yelled. I slowly looked at him. He glared at me. "What? Recess already?" I asked, sarcastically. He cold dead eyes glared at me. "Hey up!!! Your lucky day. Your free to go." He said. I stood up and walked over to him. He had four other guards standing behind him. I scoffed. "Now you got your own security? Scared of what I did to you last time?" I asked. He pushed me. I pushed him back. The guards held me back. "Riley!!" Someone yelled. I glared at the guard and walked away. I walked to the front desk. "It's your lucky day kid. Your free to go." The warden said, as he handed me my clothes. "Has it been three years already?" I asked, taking them. I turned around to see someone I never thought I'd see again. My Mom. She stared at me. "Hi honey." She said. I didn't say anything. I just walked past her. Really man? Shut up.

^Alison Grey

^Alison Grey

I walked to her car and got in. Mom got in too. "Umm so listen. I'm making dinner tonight. How do you feel about pasta?" She asked. I still didn't say anything. "Well if you don't want pasta I can make something else." She said. I still didn't answer her. "Or we can order pizza. Or Chinese food." She said. I never said a word, just stared out the window. It was a silent ride home. She pulled up to the house I used to call a home. "Riley?" Mom called. I got out the car and headed towards the door. Mom ran after me. "Riley look I'm trying to talk to you. The least you can do is answer me." She said. I looked down at her. "That's the thing. I don't want to talk to you." I said, walking around her. I walked in the house and headed upstairs. Really man? That's your Mom. And you treating her this way. I said shut up. "Riley!!" Mom called. I rolled my eyes as I turned and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes.

"Riley sweetheart, I am trying

"Riley sweetheart, I am trying." She said. "You didn't try five years ago!!" I yelled. She jumped a bit. "You didn't try to help me three years ago. You didn't help me at all!!" I said. I turned around and stormed to my room. I walked then slammed my door. Damn Riley. That's your mother. You don't gotta be so fucking heartless. I threw my bag on the floor and sat down on the bed. I put my head in my hands then looked around. I scoffed. "Shits the same as when I left." I said. Everything was the same as I left it. I heard footsteps making their way up the hall. There was a knock at the door. "Riley?" Mom called. I could hear the sadness in her voice. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door. "What?" I asked, opening the door. "Sweetheart....I'm sorry things happened the way they did. I'm sorry I didn't help you." She said. Tears streamed down her face. I actually felt bad. This is actually the first time I felt sad in over three years. "I should've helped you. I was scared." She said.