Racism Ended my Relationship

From: Rekkana

I was at least a year into college and i was off of online games for a good while now, about a year also i think because i remember failing a whole semester because of my gaming addiction. I learned hard from that now and i got away with it before my mom could find out thank god. But, i am not here to talk about that. I am here to talk about someone related to that time window of my life.

I met this guy in japanese class, it was sort of months after i failed that semester. We worked together in class at some point, he was a stranger like everyone else is, but when the class ended alot of us that were in that class became good friends, some i added on facebook. If i remember correctly he was one of them. we exchange information like every person do when they become friends after class and never speak to each other again. I have not seen him at all since that class after a year, i saw him again and during that time i wanted to try and find real life friends for once because the one friend i had in college she deleted me and ditched me on facebook because she thinks i am trying to steal her guy from her when it was nowhere near that. But you know what? It was her choice so, whatever you know? I never wanted to reconcile with her again mostly because of how she talked to me afterwards.

The year i saw him again, i said hi to him and surprisingly he remembers me, he asked me what have i been up to ever since that class and i told him about my gaming addiction, he wasnt surprised because it turns out this guy was a gamer himself so he could relate, and after a while of talking i asked him if i could hangout with him sometime. Now, this took a pretty big effort because he would always ghost me most of the time, i kept doing it until he finally said yes and introduced me to all his friends. I met many people on the same day and i hung out with them and i made myself right at home kinda minus my craziness when im around my actual friends.

I had so much fun hanging out with them and they immediately considered me as a part of their group. I was delighted because i found friends again in college! I wasnt that loner anymore who would just be in the corner of the room staring at nothing and just hangout in the campus because she liked to have some peace and quiet. I started hanging out with them everyday now and i met more of his friends, the side of the people who plays card games like Magic the gathering, yugi oh, cardfight vanguard, you name it. Basically, the geek side of the group, i didn't mind it because i was a gamer myself.

Despite of me having new friends, meeting more new people, i started hanging out with the particular guy i talked to in the first place more, the one from japanese class, we would always try to be alone together having a nice and simple conversation and i asked him if i can know where his class is so we could hangout more after his class if he's free for the day and he said sure and told me where all his classes are.

Everyday i would always try and go to his class after my own to see when he will be out and we would always hangout afterwards, those moments were sort of best friends and stuff. I didnt really realize that i started liking this dude just by trying to notice myself that i am making all this effort to visit him after his class and hangout afterwards. I felt like it wasnt that bad but i was not ready to tell him that i like him though. I tried my best to get to know him better before my emotions got the best of me. I asked about his family; so, he has a mom, typical, and then he has a stepdad and a stepsister, he told me his dad and his mom separated at a certain age so his mom had custody on him. But i think his actual parents were still in good terms so he still got to hangout with his dad sometimes, even when he's already in college. I told him it must be nice to have a luxury like that because my parents never really wanted to hangout with me.

After a month or two of just hanging out with him, we were sitting in this open area on the grass, nobody was there, it's just me and him, we were always talking about shit we love and everything just felt like a normal day. Deep down i wanted to confess already because i felt like its time... So i leaned forward and surprisingly kissed him and he kissed me back too as if we were a couple.