Chapter 33

I keep walking for a while until I find a place to chill. I find myself a small roof balcony thingy and sit down in the lounge chair. I put my feet on the other one and lay there for a while.

I have a spectacular view, the city is beautiful. It's not too wild and not too high like Chicago but it's still a bit busy.

It has this serenity to it which I can't place. The same serenity like in Berlin. People just have this calm aura around them. No stress, just calmness.

I look up at the blue sky.

It's not really late, about 4 I would guess from where the sun , it's definitely chillier than LA but it's nice. It's perfect sweater weather without sweating or getting too hot.

A pigeon flies over the hotel.

A car hoots somewhere on the road beneath me.

I fold my arms under my head and lay there, just breathing.

~~~

The sun is laying low when I open my eyes. I fell asleep.

I look on my phone. It's 7. That's alright.

Oh, shit.

Ricky called me 15 times. I get up stretching myself as I go. Before I leave the small deck I take a picture of the sunset for my Instagram and keep going. I take the elevator downstairs while I call Ricky.

He doesn't pick up so I keep walking towards our room.

"Anna!" Someone shouts.

I turn and find a bewildered Ricky somewhere at the other end of the big reception. I was about to ask where they were at the front desk.

He rushes towards me, almost knocking over another person on the way.

He finally reaches me and hugs me tightly, then he pushes me back a little and kisses me. His hands snake around my waist and he pulls me closer while passionately kissing me. I push him back a little. This is not the time nor place for PDA.

His eyes look hurt.

"Uh...." I say. He left me without words.

So I take control.

I take his hand and take him up the stairs. I don't want to stand in the elevator in awkward silence so I keep walking while holding his hand and pulling him with me. He tries to keep asking me stuff but I don't answer.

I want to tell him where I was but I want to kiss him first. I take my key card out of my back pocket and open the door, praying that Chelsea isn't inside.

Luck is on my side. I pull Ricky inside and close the door behind us. I lean against the wall as Ricky steps in front of me.

I put my hands around his neck and tiptoe to kiss him. He immediately accepts my kiss and snakes his hands around me.

I feel the butterflies in my stomach rise up and a warm feeling spreads through me as I kiss Ricky passionately. I put my hands on his broad chest as his tongue enters my mouth. This definitely feels amazing.

After a few minutes of him kissing me he breaks the kiss. I catch my breath.

"Where were you?" He asks immediately.

I sigh. "I found this small deck, I fell asleep." I put my hands in the sleeves of the sweater I put on earlier and look down.

Ricky lifts my chin with his hand and pecks my lips.

"Don't scare me like that anymore. I thought you were gone. I've been looking like a madman." He puts his hand on his head and sighs, then he laughs and shakes his head.

"I won't leave you." I say as I take his hands in mine. He leans in to kiss so I tease him and snake past him. I sit on the bed and pull the blanket over me.

I don't know what's up with my temperature. One second I'm cold, the next I'm warm again. I put my head on the pillow and wait for Ricky to follow me. He lays next to me under the blanket.

His presence is warm and cozy.

I put my head on his shoulder and tangle our feet. Then I lean my whole body against him. He's so warm.

He puts his arms around me.

"Are you cold?"

"Not anymore." I say and smile and in return I get his perfect smile back.