Chapter 31: News Breaker

We got home around eleven-pm. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be back home.

We were instantly greeted by the dogs.

"My babies!" Ryan calls, smiling and letting the dogs jump up on him. "My babies! How were my babies?" He kneels down and the dogs just glom all over him, jumping, licking, barking and whining.

"You're gonna make Mya pee, you know this." I sigh.

"Alright, alright." Ryan chuckles. "Outside! Outside! Come on! Outside!" Ryan claps his hands together and rushes to the back door.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Such an adorable man-child." I carry our suitcase upstairs to our room and unzip it. I begin to put some clothes away.

"Hey," I jump slightly. I didn't hear him come upstairs, or even in the room. "Why don't you put that stuff away later? I bet your just as exhausted as I am."

Well, he's got that right. "But I just don't want to do it later..." I mumble.

Ryan wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. "I will help.. You don't have to do it right now, lets relax..." He hums happily as he starts to sway me.

I sigh in defeat and give in, throwing whatever I had in my hand on top of the suit case. "You win." I smile slightly.

"Good," He smirks. "I got let the dogs in and feed the cats... I'll be back." He kisses my cheek and pulls away and leaves the room.

I strip my clothes and put on pjs. I climb in bed and curl up under the blankets. I hear skidding and barking downstairs and then thudding noises from their feet as they charge upstairs and into our bedroom and onto the bed. I smile and roll my eyes as I am in the middle of a dog pile.

A few minutes later Ryan comes up the stairs and shuts the bathroom door. Then comes out in his boxers and sighs once he sees the dogs all over the bed.

"Off," he points. The dogs just stare at him. "I said, Off!" He demands. One of the dogs whimper and lays their head down.

I giggle, "Ryan, we've been gone for four days... Let them sleep with us..." I pout.

"But they take up so much room!" He whines.

"You take up so much room, I'm not saying you're fat, but you're tall and muscular." I point out.

Ryan scoffs. "Yea, right. You're calling me fat! I'm so hurt! I'm gonna go downstairs and eat a gallon of ice cream and cry as I watch romantic chick flicks until I crash out from exhaustion and dehydration." He pouts.

I roll my eyes. "Get the fuck in bed before I let the dogs take your place."

"They already took my place!" Ryan points to Mya, who is currently laying on me.

"Get over yourself and get in the damn bed." I chuckle.

Ryan sighs dramatically and pushes Quiggly out of his spot. He climbs in and goes to put his arm around me and gets blocked by Mya. "Little Hog." He mutters, pushing her off to my side.

I slap his arm, "Be nice to her! I missed her!" I scold.

"She's hogging you!"

"So!"

"You're mine! Not hers!"

"Just shut up and turn the light off." I roll my eyes and wrap my arm around Mya and pull her close.

Ryan turns the light off and wraps his arm around me, pulling me as close as he could get me to his body. "Mine..." He mumbles and kisses my cheek.