Chapter 18: Family

(No SOTC This time, Can't find anything that matches that I like. Sorry)

-Next Day, Afternoon-

 I walked into the living room to play xbox with Azura, Yea, we have something in common. I'm very impressed in her gaming skills. She put in Mortal Kombat 9 and set it up, "Who you gonna be?" She asked.

"I don't know, maybe Rain, I love Rain." I smiled as I sat down on the floor in front of the tv with her. "How about you?" I asked as I selected Rain and a costume for him.

"I'm gonna be Sheeva!"

"She's a cheating character! you can just tap down and up on the stick and she flies in the air and lands on you! She sucks!" I whined. I forgot I was playing with a 7yr old. 

"No she's not! how about Baraka?" She asked as she looked at me.

"She totally is!" I chuckled. "Baraka was my first favorite character when I started playing this game when I was your age." I admitted. 

"Baraka Rules!" She giggled. I nodded as she kicked my ass.

"What!? Ok I'm not going easy on you!!!" I shouted, throwing my hands up. The next round I kicked her ass, she was a good sport about it. "Let's make a deal, Whoever wins 2 more rounds. they get the last ice cream bar that's in the freezer, deal?"

"Deal!" She shouted as another round started. 

After the rounds were met, I won. I got up and ran to the kitchen and got the Ice cream. I ran back in the living room and sat back beside Azura. I smiled and opened the bar and handed it to her.

"But you won..." She said, I shrugged and smiled. 

"I want you to have it, you're a great sport, You deserve it." I smirked and she took it.

"Thank you." She smiled as she took a big bite out of the bar.

"Hey! Everyone's showing up! Stop playing games and come out back!" Mom scolded, I mumbled curses under my breath as I stood back up. As I stood straight Azura stood up too and took my hand. I smiled and we walked out back.

Azura ran off with the other kids and started playing as she finished her ice cream. I smiled, I think I like that little kid. I was pulled from my thoughts by a familiar voice.

"Is that my favorite Niece!?" My Uncle boomed. "Hannah! You've Grown!" He smiled brightly.

"Uncle Kitty!" I ran up to him and hugged him, He hugged back and kissed the top of my head.

"How are you!? I heard you found a boyfriend, is he here? Do I need to talk to him? Is he treating you alright? Do I need to pull out my gun and clean it?" He asked, in a serious tone, he has always been protective of me, I don't know why. I mean, Yea, I was his only niece, but you know.

I chuckled, "He's not here sadly, our boss wouldn't let him take a week off... It really sucks, and no keep your gun put away, he treats me perfectly, Don't worry Uncle." I smiled, we started walking and we ended up out front.

"How have you been?" Uncle asked, I shrugged.

"Good actually, I found the love of my life, I have the best Job in the world, I am away from the family..." I mumbled the last part.

"Why did you leave?" He asked, we sat down on the grass in the shade, looking at the sky.

"Life turned to shit, everyone was taking mom's side and no one believed me. Mom always yelled at me and called me a bitch and she even once said that she wished that she never had a child..." I sighed, pushing my hair behind my ear.