Chapter 16: The Long Flight

SOTC: 'I Need Your Love' -By Pentatonix
-6 months Later-

'I need your love'
'I need your time'
'When everything's wrong'
'You make it right'
'I feel so high'
'I come alive'
'I need to be free with you tonight'

I growled, who the hell is calling at... I glanced at the clock, 4am!? Ryan groaned and rolled over.
I grabbed my phone off the night stand and answered it without looking at Caller ID. "Hello?" I said groggily.
"Hey Sweetheart!"
"Mom?" I mumbled, if I knew it was her I wouldn't of answered it. I got up outta bed and walked out of the bedroom so Ryan can go back to sleep. I walked downstairs and yawned.
"Yes! were you asleep? I don't remember the hours between us." She said.
I face palmed myself, "Its fine, you ok?..." I said, a little pissed and confused at the same time.
"I'm fine sweetheart, everyone's fine. I just wanted to tell you that we're having a family reunion! I really want you to come down and join us, maybe reconnect with some of the family..." She said.
"Mom, I don't kno-"
"Please sweetheart!"
I sighed, "When is it?" I asked, pacing the room.
"It's in a week from today. Please come! I want you here and stay a few weeks" Mom begged.
"I'll call you later or in a few days to tell you if I'm coming or not..."
"Alright sweetie, sorry for waking you!" Mom said all perky.
"Yea, it's fine. Night mom, talk to you soon."
"Night baby girl."
And I hung up, I placed my head in my hands and groaned. I felt arms snake their way around my waist. "Who was on the phone? Everything ok?" Ryan asked, groggily.
I jumped slightly, "you scared me, It was my mom... I don't wanna talk about it right now, lets go back to bed." I yawned, turning to face Ryan.
"Is your mom ok?" He asked, I simply nodded and buried my face into his chest.
"In California it's 2:37am... She's a night owl, I'm sorry she woke you." I whimpered, wrapping my arms around him.
"It's fine babe, it could of been an emergency." He kissed the top of my head. "Come on," he said as he lifted me up bridal style. "Lets go back to bed an we'll talk about it later." He smile sleepily.
I nodded, curling up in his arms and hiding my face in his chest. The next thing I knew I was being placed on the bed and being covered up. Ryan climbed in the other side and pulled me close. I smiled and went back to sleep.
It felt like I just closed my eyes 5 minutes ago when my alarm went off, I looked at the time and it was 8am. I slammed my alarm off and rolled over to an empty bed. I whimpered and got up.
I stretched and heard the shower on. I smiled and walked into the bathroom and stripped. "Morning babe." Ryan said as he wiped the water out of his face.
"Morning." I yawned, Ryan kissed my lips and handed me the soap. "Thanks." I smiled as I stepped under the running water, Then stepped out of it and did my usual shower routine.
We got out dressed and ate breakfast. "Alright, so why did your mom call?" Ryan asked as he turned on his Xbox.
"She wants me to come down to Cali in a week for a family reunion." I sighed, grabbing my controller and signing in.
"That sounds fun!" Ryan smiled, I just looked at him. "What?" He looked at me as he sat down beside me.
"I haven't seen my family ever since I left California, haven't even talked to them. It's been a good 4 maybe 5 Years..."
"What happened?"
I shrugged, "We just fell apart, we fought all the time and non of my family would back me up, they were always on my moms side. After my parents got a divorce that's when it started.." I sighed, starting battle block theater on the xbox.
"Do you still talk to your dad?"
I shook my head, "No, he left 3 years before I left Cali. I didn't like him..." I said bluntly.
Ryan relaxed against the couch. "Oh, I'm sorry, why don't you like your dad?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side.
"He's a pathological liar, he shows off and takes over everything. He use to do it all the time when I was a teen. I hated it, plus his side of the family hated us, and he always took their side. He never stayed home, he was always on the go." I relaxed against Ryan and started the next chapter in BBT.
"So you practically never had a dad?" Ryan asked.
I shook my head, "No, he had nothing to do with me until I was about 14..."
"I'm sorry baby, I love you." He rested his head on mine.
"I love you too, I don't think I'm gonna go..."
"I think you should go, maybe it would be good to make peace with your family and spend time with them." He smiled.
"Would you like to go with me? I bet they'd like to meet you, I bet my moms curious of who you are." I smirked.
"Ill ask Geoff if I can take a week off so I can go with you." Ryan kissed my cheek.
"Sonuvabitch! I can't get past this part!" I whined, laying down on his lap.
"Let me try.." he said taking my controller and going through the level.
He beat it, "what the fuck... how... Come on.." I whined.

-A Week later-

"I Don't want to go.. I want you to go with me..." I whimpered, hanging onto Ryan's shirt.
"Geoff said I couldn't have my break early, I'm sorry I can't come with you baby... I love you.." Ryan hugged me tightly.
"I love you too..." I whimpered, my eyes burned as tears formed. "I don't want to go..." I buried my face in his chest.
"You'll be fine, I think this would be good for you, have a safe flight, you have a few minutes before it leaves." Ryan hugged me tighter, "I'm gonna miss you... a week will go by fast..." he buried his face in my neck. "Hopefully.." he whimpered quietly.
We were by his car, he was leaning against it as we were hugging, why is this so hard? It's only gonna be a week!
"Alright, come on Hannah we gotta go." Ash said. I whimpered, not letting Ryan go. I didn't want to go, I didn't want to go without Ryan. I've been so attached to him it's hard to part away from him for a week.
"Baby you gotta go," Ryan whimpered, I let go and wiped my eyes, Ryan's shirt was wet, covered with my tears. "I love you," he smiled. "Call me when you land."
I nodded, "I love you too... I will." I sniffled and looked at him, smiling weakly. He connected our lips as he cupped my face with his hands. This made me not want to go more, tears started rolling down my face again as I kissed back, gripping his shirt tightly.
"Sis, we gotta go or we're gonna be late! I don't mean to make this worse, come on..." Ash sighed, getting my suitcase.
Ryan deepened our kiss before he let go, his hand trailed down my arm to my hand and he squeezed it. I grabbed my handle on my suitcase and pulled away from him, our hands slowly slipping apart.
"I love you! You'll be fine!" Ryan spoke up as I was at the door already. I turned around and smiled weakly.
"I love you too, ill call you soon..." I waved as Ash walked in front of me. I mouthed, 'I'll miss you...' Ryan waved and smiled. He mouthed 'i'll miss you too, love you.'
I told him I loved him in sign language and walked in the doors and went through security right behind Ash. We got to the Terminal and the lady was super perky.
"Your seats are 319. Have a good flight!" She smiled. I nodded and walked down the long hall and got on the plane an walked to our seats. I sat near the window and ash sat on the seat closest to the aisle.
We both hated flying, I was scared of heights and I quickly regretted sitting by the window once we took off and got off the ground. But I stayed there and stared out the window as tears ran down my cheeks.
"We are leaving Austin, We will arrive in Los Angeles in 2-3 hours." The stewardess said. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping I can just sleep through all this.

-Ryan's PoV-

I watched my baby girl walk through the doors of the airport, a tear escaped and ran down my cheek, I've been around her everyday for almost a year and its hard to watch her leave.
We have been away from each other before, but a week is long, even tho it's only 7 days, its still a long time to stay away from your lover.
I leaned up against my car and sighed as I couldn't see her anymore. "Be safe babe..." I wiped my eyes and got in my car and pulled out and drove home.