Chapter 12: The Storm

SOTC: 'Next 2 You' -By Chris Brown

-4 Months Later-

I woke up to the smell of food. God did I love that smell. I stretched as I sat up and pulled the covers off myself.

I walked downstairs and saw Ash in the kitchen cooking biscuits and white gravy.

"Ash, you know I don't like that shit." I mumbled as I sat on the barstool with tired eyes watching her.

"I know, that's why I'm making you pancakes, I felt like eating something different." Ash smiled, flipping a pancake.

I sighed, "As long as you don't get that shit on my pancakes I'm happy." I smiled.

"Shut up and grab a plate before I burn these on purpose." Ash smirked as she waited.

I grabbed a plate and held it out as she put a stack on my plate of 4. I put the usual on it, butter and strawberry syrup. Yea, it's different but its delicious.

I sat at the table and started eating as Ash joined me. We didn't take long to eat and clean up the mess Ash made in the kitchen.

My phone went off, I got up and took it off the charger. I smiled as Ryan texted me.

Rye: Hey babe, I'm gonna come pick you up for work. See you soon. Love you.

Me: Aight Boo, love you too! See you soon.

I sighed and went upstairs to take a shower. After that I dressed in my Ryan 'fixed' achieve shirt and ripped jean shorts and put my hair up in a ponytail.

I walked back downstairs and Ryan was here 5 minutes later. "Ill see you at work Ash, Ryan's here." I shouted as I opened the front door and grabbed my keys and phone.

"Alright!" She yelled from upstairs.

I walked out and smiled as I was greeted with a loving kiss. "You look beautiful as always." Ryan smiled as we walked to his car.

"Thanks babe, you don't look half bad yourself." I smirked as I got in the car.

"Thank you." Ryan smiled as he started his car and we were on our way.

-Hour or 2 Later-

I was in the middle of editing Geoff's footage when someone covered my eyes. I groaned playfully and pulled my headset off and turned around. "Yes?" I said turning around in my chair.

"Save your editing, lets go grab something to eat in the kitchen." Ryan smiled.

"Alright, wow it's already lunch time?" I said as I looked up at the clock.

"Mhm, come on." Ryan said pulling me up outta my chair.

"Alright alright! I'm coming!" I giggled as we went to eat.

After we ate a sandwich and talked about what we were working on and what we were going to do later, loud thunder appeared and I jumped and grabbed onto Ryan as we were walking back to the office.

"Holy shit! Did you hear that!?" Michael yelled from the office as Ryan wrapped his arm around me.

"You ok?" He asked. I nodded as I was still holding onto him.

"Yea, loud thunder like that scares the fuck outta me." I whimpered as I stared out the window.

Ryan chuckled, "It's ok, I'll keep you safe." Ryan kissed my head as he rubbed my arm. I smiled and we went into the office.

Not long after that the room started to shake, earthquake. Being the sudden chicken-shit that I am I quickly got under my desk, I wedge myself under there and tears started to form in my eyes. Gavin got under his desk along with Ray, Michael gripped his desk and kept his monitor up as Jack and Geoff did the same. I couldn't see what Ryan was doing. The earthquake stopped a few seconds later.