OCTOBER ✧ Happy birthday to me

FORKS, WASHINGTON

                               "...Happy birthday, Valentina, happy birthday to you!" A smile adorns her face as the people around her clap, waiting for her to blow out the candles. She closes her eyes and the only thing she wishes for, is to hear from Jasper. Valentina blows out the candles and laughs as everyone cheers once more.

She wasn't exactly happy, but she was glad to have her mother as well as Asmodeus and some of her many friends at her house to celebrate her birthday. The Salvatores, the Mikaelson's, Halia and Thalia, and even Sunny and Triston came as well.

A knock on the door interrupted everyone's chatting. Valentina goes and opens the door only to see Cain and her father Lucifer. "Oh my god, dad!" She flies into his arms as if she were her younger self once again.

Lucifer chuckles and embraces his daughter, "Happy birthday, carissima."

"Cain, it's nice to see you're not smelling like death for once," Valentina jokes, hugging her brother.

"Hardy har har," Cain laughs sarcastically, but pulls his sister close, "happy birthday."

"Sam wishes he could be here, but he sends you his wishes as well as this," Lucifer pulls out a small box from his suit pocket. Her other father, Samael, still tends to be very busy due to his work being very close related to Elohim.

"I'll be sure to call him later," She smiles and steps to the side, letting both the men into her home.

Asmodeus and Klaus are the first to see Lucifer and they bow deeply, "Lord Lucifer," They both say out of respect and everyone follows suit.

"Emmett, Bella, I want you to meet someone," Valentina pulls them by the wrist towards her father. "Dad, this is my mate Emmett Cullen and my good friend Bella Swan."

The vampire and the human both stare at the seven foot angel in absolute shock, "It's a pleasure to meet you both," Lucifer smirks. He shakes Bella's hand first before shaking Emmett's, which he actually holds on to for a moment, "I hope you're treating my daughter well...Emmett," Lucifer grips the vampire's hand tighter.

Emmett's porcelain skin cracks under the grip of the angel, but he's sure to keep his face free of pain, "I want nothing more than to love and cherish, Valentina, for eternity."

"Good...we wouldn't want you to disappear. That would be a shame, wouldn't it?" Lucifer cocks an eyebrow. If Emmett were human he probably would be cowering in fear, the emotion clear on his face and body language.

"That would definitely be a shame, at least for me, but hey, if you need to do what you feel is best for your daughter, I don't blame you," Emmett chuckles nervously knowing well that the being in front of him could zap him from existence in the matter of a second.

Lucifer stays quiet for a moment before releasing his hand, "I like you," he pats the vampire's shoulder before walking away towards Lilith.

"Holy shit," Emmett gasps for air, even the he doesn't need it. "That was terrifying!" He whispers loudly.

"You think that was bad? Wait til you meet my other father, he's the actual scary one," Valentina snickers at Emmett's face. "Where are you going?" She asks as he begins to walk away.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go dig my grave real quick," He jokes and they both laugh loudly.

"What's so funny?" Asmodeus whispers in Val's ear, snaking his arms around her waist.

"Emmett just met dad, but I told him about papa and let's just say he's about to dig his own grave,"

"I mean, your dad said he liked me, that must count for something, right?" Emmett asks and Asmodeus laughs.

"Considering Lord Lucifer and Lady Lilith both have a liking toward you, Lord Samael should like you as well. He's a little rough around the edges, but once you get to know him, he's very charming," Asmodeus tries to reassure Emmett, but it really wasn't helping.

"All I heard was rough around the edges," Emmett sighs.

"You'll live," Valentina laughs.

"Yeah, Emmett, you'll live," Bella pats his shoulder sarcastically, "I would use live very loosely."

"Oh my god," Emmett stresses and they all laugh, "I'm glad you think my distress is entertaining."

"There's no need for you to be in distress, I'll protect you from the big, bad, scary angel!" Asmodeus coos and pats Emmett's face which causes the girls and Luka to go into a fit of laughter.

"You guys are mean," Emmett sticks out his tongue with his arms crossed.

A hand falls on Val's shoulder and she turns around to see her father, "Carissima, there's someone on the phone for you," Lucifer says before handing over his phone to his daughter.

"Hello?" Valentina answers.

"Dear," Samael's voice rings through the speaker and into her ears.

"Papa..." She whispers, not realizing how much she's actually missed him 'til this very moment. She makes her way out onto the porch in order to get away from all the noise and listen to her father better.

"Happy birthday, dear," He says gruffly.

"Thank you... I love you, papa."

"As do I, my angel. I will see you soon."

"Dad mentioned you would."

"Is your mother there?" Samael asks to which Valentina responds with an 'mhm', "Tell her I love her."

Valentina chuckles at her father's seriousness, "will do, papa."

"And don't think I haven't heard about those new mates of yours, I expect to meet them when I come," Valentina tenses and clears her throat when Jasper's face flashes in her mind.

"I can't wait for you to meet them," She says with a tense smile.

"Good."

Valentina hears a voice in the background and a lot of shuffling before there's a sigh. Some more shuffling goes along before someone's a few voice comes through the speakers of the phone, "Hello? Val, it's your uncles Gabe and Raph, we wanted to say happy birthday!" Gabriel says.

"Thank you so much, I miss you!"

"We miss you too, child," Raphael answers, "we must go now, your father's getting that look in his face."

"Alright," Valentina laughs, "take care."

"You too!" He says before the phone is roughly taken away from him.

"I must go now," Samael sighs at his brothers' antics.

"Okay, it was nice to hear from you, papa."

"Olani hoath ol," He whispers.

"I love you too, papa," She whispers back before the call is ended.

Valentina sighs as she stares at the endless trees ahead, "Happy birthday to me..."