XXXVII ✧ Children of Wrath

GEHENNA

                                    "Hi," Is the first thing Valentina hears when she opens the door to her bedroom.

She almost jumps in shock, not expecting to see Aishwarya outside of her door, "A-Aishwarya? What're you doing here?"

"Can we talk? Please..."

"Um...yeah, sure," Valentina steps to the side, letting Aishwarya into the empty bedroom. She leads her to a loveseat sofa and they both sit down.

"I just wanted to apologize," Aishwarya sighs, "I know I can be greedy, it's the one thing that I hate about being my father's child. But I promise it is something I'm willing to work on. I don't want to jeopardize something that hasn't even started yet."

"I appreciate you coming to apologize, everything is forgiven," Valentina smiles.

"Thank you," Aishwarya takes Valentina's hand in hers, "I can't say that I won't be a work in progress, but I will try."

"I do really appreciate it, thank you," Valentina gives her hands a gentle squeeze.

"Are you busy?" Aishwarya asks.

"I'm supposed to be meeting my father later on, why?" The princess asks.

"How about a tour of the fourth circle? As an apology?" Aishwarya asks in a hopeful tone.

"That would be lovely," Valentina smiles and they both get up from their places on the sofa.

The two women make their way out of the bedroom and towards the grand hall. They pass an open room on their way to the elevator and inside was Jasper, Emmett, Luka, and few other male demons playin Mario Kart. They were involved in a heated game and everyone was yelling. Valentina can't help but chuckle at their antics with Aishwarya letting out a laugh of her own.

They reach the elevator and stand in a comfortable silence as they wait for it to reach their floor. Valentina, being the gentleman she is, lets Aishwarya enter first and she follows behind.

"They're quite the characters, no?" Aishwarya says with a small smile.

Valentina nods her head, amusement shown across her face, "You should see them back at home, especially with the wolves. They can get pretty rowdy."

"The wolves?" Aishwarya tilts her head in confusion.

"Our friends, they're wolf shifters. They're bunch of Chads, honestly, but it's just guys being guys. And they're all sweethearts even though we had a rocky start. They've come to accept Luka and I, Emmett they're still weary about because it's in their blood to hate his kind. Jasper hasn't had the chance to bond with them at all."

"I see. Guess there's a lot more to surface than I thought," Aishwarya says. The elevator pings as the doors open and the pair walk out. The view takes Valentina's breath away. She hadn't seen anything as beautiful as this since she saw the Amber Room in Kaliningrad, Russia. The grand hall was entirely gold, including the floors. Nothing, but the best for the greedy, right?

"This is our grand hall," Aishwarya leads her down the hall, pointing out artifacts and pieces of art and who they were created by. Some by well known demons, some by humans, some by other creatures. But there was no denying that everything was stunning.

"Grand is understatement," Valentina scoffs in shock, "this is absolutely insane."

"My father likes everything to be grandeur," Aishwarya rolls her eyes. Whilst she was materialistic, it was nothing like the excessiveness of her father, "I'm not as bad as him, maybe I get that from my mother."