XVIII ✧ Asmodeus

FORKS, WASHINGTON

"Emmett, grab her and take her to the house," Luka instructs and Emmett does as he says, picking up his mate from the ground. She writhes and twitches in anger, but he holds her in his arms tightly. Emmett, Luka, and Jasper run as fast as they can and reach their home in minutes.

"Put her down ," Luka tells Emmett and he places Valentina gently on the ground and Luka proceeds to remove her clothes, throwing the garments at Jasper, who easily catches them.

"L-Luka, hurry!" Valentina begs him.

Luka finally removes the last piece of clothing and takes a step back, looking at Emmett and Jasper, "When I tell you to go, you grab her and tie her to the bed. There are special ropes underneath the bed, they're specifically for containing demons, but they won't hurt her," the boys nod in agreement and Luka turns to his mate, "Okay, baby, you know what to do."

Valentina quickly changes into her partial succubus form and with her newly elongated nails, she cuts deep into her hands and places her bleeding palms against the ground before leaning down and whispering, "Ashmedai..."

They could've easily prayed to the man and he probably would've come, but this was different and far more serious. Summoning him was best thing to do to ensure that he showed as demons can't refuse being summoned.

Everything is silent for a moment and then the ground begins to tremble, "Go!" Luka yells and Emmett immediately scoops Valentina in his arms and runs into the house with Jasper hot on his trail.

The ground cracks on front of them and a trail of black smoke starts to ooze out before it begins to morph. Luka steps back with a deep breath as he watchings the demon prince appear. It had been almost fifty years since he last saw him and he was still as beautiful as ever, "Asmodeus," Luka greets the demon prince with a curt nod.

"Luka, how lovely to see you," Asmodeus smirks tauntingly, anger and sadness prevalent in his eyes. He was in front of Luka in less than a second and the vampire has to stop himself from gasping.

"Yeah, it's good to see you too," Luka breathes, not realizing he was holding his breath. He'd forgotten how overwhelming it felt to stand near the prince, the lust oozing off of him was enough to make Luka dizzy.

"What's the matter, Luka?" Asmodeus stalks around him, taking in the vampire's scent, "Is the feeling too much for you?" Asmodeus chuckles bitterly, "If you had just agreed to come down," the prince shakes his head, taking a step back from the vampire.

"It was my decision not to go and she chose to stay up here with me. You need to respect that," Luka replies shakily, instantly regretting his choice of words.

"Respect that?" Asmodeus scoffs, "How would you feel if everything you've ever loved was ripped away from you in a matter of seconds? You don't know how that feels because you've been with her since you've met her. I was there for her and I gave her everything and she still left me."

"Asmo—" Luka begins to say, but he is cut off.

"I don't want to hear it," Asmodeus snaps, his eyes flashing red, "I don't want to hear any of your words. She chose you, Luka. We may be what we are to each other, but I will never forget what you both did."

"If you would've told us he was a prick, we wouldn't have allowed this," Emmett grumbles with crossed arms as he and Jasper walk up to greet Luka and Asmodeus.