The Flower and Angel

CHAPTER SUMMARY

The questers reunite to save Camp Jupiter from Hecate's curse.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing, Violence (Mild)
Word Count: 3892

Notes will be on the final chapter.

And all the characters are owned by J.K. Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

____________________NICO____________________

"Sit up slowly," Percy said.

"No shit," Nico croaked out. His friends laughed with relief at the trademarked Nico di Angelo sarcasm. After nearly fading forever and taking a dip in the Styx sans a mother's blessing, Nico guessed it was warranted. He'd come so close to death, closer than he ever had before.

"Will, can you do some sort of healing spell to help Nico get his strength back?" Blaise asked. "We need to warn the others about Percy's dream."

"What dream?" Nico asked.

"Shhh," Will said softly. He bent down to Nico's level and kissed him tenderly. "We'll tell you soon. You need to get your strength back."

"I can help with that."

No... it can't be.

But it was. Persephone was standing there, watching him. On instinct, Nico tried to scramble back, terrified she would curse him again, but he was too weak for that. If it wasn't for Will's steady arms, he would've either fainted or fallen back into the Styx.

"You don't get to do anything," Percy growled.

"My magic is far stronger than any demigod's," Persephone said. "The boy needs more than this son of Apollo can give him."

"Why do you want to help me?" Nico demanded. "You tried to kill me!"

"Capture you," Persephone corrected. "I always meant to get you out. And, if I had known the Lethe would claim you, I never would've trapped you in the Mnemosyne." Persephone huffed, but there was an amused sparkle in her eyes. "I meant what I said, Nico. You are a hero for the ages. I daresay I warmed up to you while you lived with Hades. I never meant to hurt you. I was merely trying to protect my husband from himself." She bent down to his level. Will tightened his arms around Nico. Persephone rolled her eyes. "Relax, son of Apollo. Let me make up for my mistake. Let me return a favor. Nico, I will never forget how you saved my life. Why do you think I brought you here? I'll face the wrath of Hades when I return to the palace, but I could not let you die. As you once reminded me, an exchange of favor is an established practice of my realm."

Nico swallowed hard.

I can't believe I'm doing this, but...

"You're right," Nico told her, much to the shock of his friends. "You didn't know. I-- I believe you. And... I forgive you. Heal me and get us out of here. The trial is tonight, and I have to be there."

"There is one... complication."

"Of course there is," Nico muttered. "What is it?"

"There's only one way to prevent the Lethe from claiming your mind once again," Persephone informed him. "In order to save you, I must give you your demigod status back. I can transfer some of my golden ichor into your blood. Things will go back to the way they once were."