Alabaster Tries to Out-Slytherin Slytherin

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Hades and Persephone interrogate Cho. Ron, Hermione, and Percy discuss their plans with the Order. Camp Half-Blood plays Capture the Flag.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: None
Word Count: 3840

This is the last one for today.

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

____________________ANNABETH____________________

The plan was simple. So simple, in fact, that there was no way for it to go wrong.

The Athena cabin ran into the dining pavilion with their team's flag: a silver banner with an owl on top of an olive tree. Then came Ares, with their blood-red flag with a bloody spear and boar's head. The entire camp cheered as the two cabins waved the flags on their respective sides of the pavilion.

Everyone dispersed to chat, trash-talk, and gather armor, weapons, and magical items for the upcoming game. Annabeth headed towards Percy, standing with Nico, Hazel, Blaise, Hestia, and Lou Ellen.

"Hey, wise girl," Percy said. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her in for a quick kiss. "So, who's on our team?"

Annabeth shoved him away, laughing. "You really wait until the last minute, don't you, seaweed brain? It's Athena, Poseidon, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Hecate. Ares has Hephaestus, Zeus, Apollo, Hermes, the minor gods, and the Hunters."

Percy groaned. "Your cabin couldn't make some deals? The red team has the three biggest cabins and both archer gods? And all the minor gods except Hecate?"

"You know the minor gods put together have about as much as the Hermes cabin. They aren't that much of a threat in population. We'll be fine."

"Still unfair," Nico contributed. "I wonder who sucked whose--"

"They collected on a few favors," Will said from behind them before Nico could say something that would make Hazel blush. "Apollo's worked with Ares many times. Ares knows alliances as well as Athena knows strategy."

"Eavesdropper!" Nico accused. "Ares spy! Get on your side of the pavilion!"

Will huffed. "And here I wanted to kiss my boyfriend good luck."

Nico huffed. "Fraternizing with the enemy? Typical Apollo."

Percy pretended to throw up. Hazel hushed him.

They kissed. It was just a peck, but tender enough that Annabeth felt like she was intruding on something. When they parted, they wouldn't stop staring into each other's eyes until Lou Ellen literally pulled them apart. "Earth to Will! Ares is that way!" She pointed to the other side of the pavilion.

Nico gave Will one more kiss before he joined the rest of his cabin. Everyone did the smart thing and ignored the blush on Nico's cheeks.

Annabeth cleared her throat. "Hazel, you're guarding the flag with me. Use the Mist on anyone who comes our way." Hazel nodded. "Blaise, Hestia, I want you on the west border; protect our runners with magic on their way back from the creek. When you hear an owl hoot, cross the boundary line and cast a shield spell, so you create a runway for them to get through; that way the red team can't flank them. Percy, you're on border patrol."