Trivia Time with Nico di Angelo

CHAPTER SUMMARY

The Christmas Eve broadcast. A battle rages at the Doors of Orpheus.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing, Violence (mild)
Word Count: 4760

This is the last one for today.

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

____________________HERMIONE____________________

Number Twelve Grimmauld Place reminded Hermione of the horcrux room the day of Riddle's invasion. No one spoke. No one moved much. They went over the plan again and again in their heads, praying to Hecate, to Merlin, and to any other god who might listen that things would work out the way they expected.

4:00 a.m. Thirteen hours until the Christmas Eve broadcast.

Fleur grabbed Hermione's hand, and the two disapparated. A flash of light, and they stood in front of Uncle Tyler and Aunt Sadie's house. "Down!" Hermione shouted, and pulled Fleur into a cushion of snow.

A door swung open in the house next door. A man stood with a flashlight, looking for the source of the noise that woke him. "There's nothing!" the man shouted to someone inside the house. "Probably some animal. I'm going back to sleep." The door slammed closed.

Fleur and Hermione stayed lying in the snow for another ten minutes in case the neighbors came back. Long after Hermione's fingers had gone numb, they pushed themselves out of the snow pile and onto the front stoop. Hermione took the house key from her pocket and unlocked the door.

"Emulgeo." Fleur waved her wand, and a gust of hot air steam-dried their clothes, bringing feeling back to Hermione's frostbitten body.

"Wait here," Hermione said, then dashed into the kitchen. Like Uncle Tyler promised, she found a box of body cameras in the drawer under the microwave, the kind that the police wear. Uncle Tyler was a bit of a tech geek, and Hermione thanked Hecate for it. With cameras, their back-ups could monitor those in the field and fix problems remotely if they arise.

"You 'ave them 'ermione?" Fleur called from the living room.

"Yes!" Hermione called back. She ran into the living room where Fleur had started a fire. Fleur threw Floo Powder into the fireplace, and it glowed green.

"Good luck," Fleur said. She would stay behind to put out the fire, then meet with Mrs. Weasley and Ginny in the American Wizarding World. They were their reserves; if the coup went horribly wrong, the three of them would break everyone else out of Azkaban.

Hermione stepped into the flames. "Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place!"

Hermione gave a waiting Uncle Tyler the box of body cameras. He pulled out his iPad, pushed a few buttons on the cameras, then smiled.

"All online." He looked up at a waiting Sirius, Percy, Bill, and Lupin. "Now, who's first?"

____________________THALIA____________________

After they said good-bye, Annabeth boarded a plane to London and Lou Ellen and Alabaster transported to Los Angeles. Argus dropped her and the rest of them off at the bus station in the Upper East Side.