Annabeth's Army is Fashionably Late

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Angelos attacks King's Cross. The Underworld crew makes their final stand against Persephone's forces. Bianca and Nico di Angelo's lives change forever now that Mussolini knows who they are.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: Teen and Up Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing, Graphic Depictions of Violence, Sexual Themes, Self Harm (mentioned only), Rape (referenced only)
Word Count: 5142

This is the last one for today.

This chapter (and Alabaster's section of last chapter) will make much more sense to you if you've read the Demigod Diaries' "The Son of Magic." (http://ebooksmadefree.weebly.com/uploads/5/4/8/2/54824347/rick_riordan_-_heros_of_olympus_3.5_-_the_demigod_diaries.pdf) 

(That's Al's first appearance... and currently only canonical appearance.)

Enjoy! I think this is one of my best chapters, definitely in this story, and also in the series as a whole.

____________________ANNABETH____________________

Annabeth looked around. Hazel and Cho had finished off the last of the death eaters. They were all on the floor of King's Cross station, dead, stunned, or incapable of moving. Angelos was nowhere to be seen.

"This isn't right," Annabeth said. "It should've been harder."

"Do you think it's a trap?" Hermione asked.

"She's trying to lull us into a false sense of security, get us to lower our guard," Ron said.

Annabeth shook her head. "No. She wanted to see how we fight--get to know her enemy."

The grand hall hissed. The noise got louder and louder until Annabeth had to cover her ears. Winds as strong as Zeus and Poseidon's hurricane enveloped the room, tossing the bodies of the defeated death eaters around like beach balls. The hiss turned to windy, sinister laughter.

"Very wise, daughter of Athena. If only you realized it sooner." Hundreds--maybe thousands--of ghosts appeared, forcing Annabeth and her friends to scrunch together. A beautiful maiden with long, auburn hair and a floor-length blue-gray dress appeared in front of them. "Your friends have captured Melinoe. The ghosts return to Hades, and they are anxious to take revenge on the goddess who betrayed them."

"But ghosts can't touch anything!" Hermione protested.

"Hades has complete control over the dead. My lord has far more power in his pinky finger than your patron ever had. If he wills it so, they may touch the mortal world."

"Annabeth?" Ron asked nervously. "Where's your army?"

Angelos smiled a cruel smile. "Attack, restless spirits, and Hades shall set you free forever."

"What are we going to do?" Hermione whispered. "We can't kill something that's already dead."

"We have to try," Ron said. Without thinking, like the brave Gryffindor he was, he drew his wand and charged. "Ron!" Hermione shouted, but it was too late.

It was as though he'd taken a dip in the Styx. She was nothing but a pale smudge as he fired spell after spell. Ghosts shouted battle cries and swatted the air, but they only managed to knock their companions out. They weren't used to being corporeal, and that was working in Ron's favor.

Their victory didn't last long, though. A thick plume of smoke darkened the air. Angelos cackled, louder and louder as the room got darker and darker. A medieval ghost jumped on Ron and dragged him behind their lines. He screamed and fought, but was soon absorbed by the crowd. Only her muffled grunts proved she was still alive.