Persephone Be Done with Hades' Shit

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Cho and Genevieve escape the Ministry. Nico and the others fight their way into the Doors of Orpheus.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing, Graphic Depictions of Violence
Word Count: 3919

Remember in chapter two the Camp Half-blood folks gave Nico a shield? He uses it in this chapter, didn't want ya'll to be confused.

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

____________________CHO____________________

No one saw Cho and Genevieve hiding in Umbridge's office during the radio broadcast.

After they snuck away from Marietta and Mrs. Edgecomb, they made their way as close to Fudge as possible. The Senior Undersecretary's office was next door to the Minister's, and the walls were thin enough that they heard everything.

And close enough to the Aurors that they saw the coup in action.

They saw the Auror's senior officer, Professor Lupin, and their allies assault Fudge's security team. They saw Ron, Hermione, and Percy Weasley sneak into Fudge's room. They heard every word of Percy's broadcast. And they heard what happened after.

Dead. Percy Weasley was dead. Fudge killed a hero, a boy with his whole life ahead of him. Cho regretted how she'd acted at the Leaky Cauldron two days ago; Percy had meant every word he said. Now he was dead, and she could never tell him she was sorry.

Mostly, though, Cho felt angry. The moment she heard Fudge shout, "Avada Kedavra!" and heard Ron's anguished scream, every muscle in her body clenched. She wanted to walk right out of there and show Fudge how well she could duel.

But Genevieve put her arm on Cho's stomach. "This isn't your fight," she whispered.

She saw Professor Lupin and the others run into Fudge's office. She heard more screams. A man shouted, "You killed my son!" and there was a bang as someone slammed someone against the wall.

"Up! Up! They're trying to kill me!" Fudge shouted. "Get up! They cursed us! Up, now!"

Then, there were so many grunts and bangs that it was clear Fudge had reinforcements in that room. Everyone had to be dueling. Cho wanted to join them, but Genevieve wouldn't let her go.

"Go! Now!" a woman commanded. "Take them, Sirius!"

"No!" Ron shouted.

"You have to, for Merlin and Hecate!" a man, presumably Sirius, pushed. "He chose you, Ron!"

Cho strained her neck so she could look out the doorway. A shaggy-looking man had Ron and Hermione clasped in each hand, pulling them out of Fudge's office. Cho pushed Genevieve away and sprinted for her classmates. Their backs were to her.

The man let go of Hermione's hand long enough to take out his wand. She stumbled and accidentally glanced behind her. Her eyes met Cho's. For a moment it was just the two of them, Hermione Granger and Cho Chang, two young girls, two champions of two gods on two different sides of a war. She opened her mouth to speak, but it was too late. The man apparated away, leaving Cho alone in the hall.

Genevieve sprinted to Cho's side. "Cho! What were you thinking?!"

"Ahhh!" Cho and Genevieve turned. Behind them, a man Cho knew must be Percy's father had a bloody Fudge pinned against the wall, hands at his throat.