Montana Geography Is Hard

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Cho debates what to do about her dream. Persephone's quest begins.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Cursing, Rape/Sexual Harassment (mentioned only), Mild Racism
Word Count: 3979

Roszí is pronounced ROW-shee.

This chapter forward, I use a lot of mythology (Greek, Roman, and Wizarding) and historical stuff (not in the boring kind) so, when applicable, I'll have sources in the end notes.

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

____________________CHO____________________

Cho didn't want to look at Wizarding Weekly. She knew Papa had it downstairs, but she had a sneaking suspicion that her dream was more than a dream. The implications of that were such that she didn't want to press further, she didn't want to know. This didn't concern her... but... didn't it? What if the article was about You-Know-Who? Cedric died at his hand, so shouldn't she get all the information possible? And Harry, his life was You-Know-Who. Didn't she owe it to her loved ones to get the story?

That's right Cho, work yourself up some more.

She needed a distraction. She glanced at the clock: it was only half-past eight. Perfect.

She got out of bed and walked down the hall, where Mama was reading Sora to sleep. She leaned against the doorframe, watching the two of them with a smile on her face. Sora looked so peaceful, her mother looked so domestic. Stability, that's what Cho needed, and the only place she got it was here. Not for the first time, she wished she could just drop out of Hogwarts and stay home forever. The only love she had left was within these walls, and she spent most of the year away from it. Letters could only do so much, and she couldn't use her cell phone at Hogwarts (Mama was a muggle so she needed one to contact extended family).

"Choo-choo!" Sora cried.

Mama sighed in teasing disappointment. "An hour of reading, wasted."

Cho laughed. Unfortunately, it was true. Sora was a hyperactive little girl and now she was too excited to lay down in her bed. "Sorry, Mama," Cho apologized. "Why don't I calm her down?"

"That would be lovely. Make sure she's asleep--"

"By nine, I know. C'mon Sora, why don't we take out Percy?"

Sora clapped in delight. Cho lifted her little sister off the bed and squatted on the floor. She took out a miniature Thomas the Tank Engine set, courtesy of her grandparents. "How do you want the tracks today?"

"Straight! Straight! And the bridge!"

Cho put the tracks in a straight line, and put the green train--Percy--on top. "Here we go, Sora! Choo! Choo!" As she made the train noises, she flipped Percy from off to on, and the little figure chugged down the track and into Sora's waiting arms. She squealed with delight as it tried, and failed, to ride up her fingers. The still-running wheels tickled Sora's hand, making her giggle. It was all well and good until her finger got caught in one of the wheels. Sora jerked her hand away and burst into red-faced tears.

Cho pulled Percy off the floor and shut him off. "It's okay," she cooed to her sister. "Where does it hurt?" Sora pointed to her finger with a whimper. "All right, here," Cho said, pulling a Band-Aid from a box on the dresser. She wrapped it around Sora's finger and kissed the top for good measure.