The Return of the Corn Plant

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Percy saves his family. The Grangers settle into the Burrow. The questers arrive at New Arcadia.

BEGINNING NOTES

Chapter Rating: General Audiences
Content Warning: Violence (mild)
Word Count: 3890

To answer your question, no I don't know why this is the second Star Wars reference in a month. I don't even like the movies that much. It just... happened.

And all the characters are owned by JK Rowling, or Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

____________________PERCY____________________

The Ares cabin basement was the definition of an armory. Every piece of equipment any of his children owned hung on the walls; so many items crowded the walls that Percy could only make out the blood-red paint in a few places. The metal floor hurt to sit on, but at least the Greek fire lanterns wouldn't go out no matter what happened to the power.

Percy didn't have time to appreciate the architectural design, though. He just woke from a nightmare and was ready to punch the Lord of the Sky in his stupid, immortal nose.

"Are you crazy?!" Rachel hissed. "Zeus will kill you if you step foot upstairs!"

"He's trying to kill my family! They're in that tornado trying to fight off a gargoyle! Am I supposed to sit here and do nothing?!"

Hazel was on the same page as Percy. "I'll go with you. Jupiter can't get away with this after what he did to Leo."

"Fine," Rachel said, and stood. She raised her eyebrows at Percy's bewildered stare. "For all I know, Jason, Piper, Leo, and Calypso never made it to the Big House, and all our other friends are dead. I'm not going to sit here worrying about you two too. Besides, there are ancient laws against killing the Oracle, which means Zeus can't kill you if I'm close enough to get hurt."

Percy didn't like the idea of using her as a life jacket, but his parents were out there. Two innocent followers of Hecate were out there. Annabeth was out there. "Fine. Let's go."

Rachel took both of their hands, and they climbed out. Immediately, Zeus slapped him in the face with harsh winds. "They're by the Golden Fleece!" Percy shouted. It was a miracle the others heard.

Rachel's grip tightened on his hand. Her head snapped forward and-- Percy knew something happened, but it went too quickly for him to see.

"Rachel?" he shouted over the winds.

Rachel heaved. "Delphi is restless. Nico left without a prophecy, and I know I have one for him. It's uncomfortable, but when they come back everything will be okay. I can't give a prophecy after they complete their quest."

"Has this happened before?" Percy asked her.

"No--but--Percy, we need to get your family and get out of here! This can wait!"

She pulled them further into the storm. It was like running through molasses. They made it past the flying debris and found the Fleece violently ripping back and forth, somehow still fastened to its tree. Peleus the dragon was nowhere to be seen.

"Wait!" Percy cried. "The Fleece has healing properties, right? We can use it to save Leo!"

"I'll get it!" Hazel shouted. "Jupiter and Pluto hate each other less than Zeus and Poseidon. I have a better chance!" She braced herself, then let go of Rachel's hand and hoisted herself up into the tree. She unfastened the Fleece from its perch while dozens of objects flew at her. "I got it!" She held up her prize for all to see.