All The Right Moves- Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

He really had a sh*t night last night.

My guilt started to increase.

"We all forgive you Char. We want to be here for you and want you to know that we wanted to tell you. We still do. Whatever questions you have, ask us. You know that's all you've ever had to do." Ethan clarified, itching the back of his head.

I nodded, eating a piece of toast.

"I think it's time I start facing everything rather than putting it aside. If I'm not going to regain my memories, I should at least be aware of what my history has been." I said.

"Finish eating. I want to take you somewhere." Drew replied, putting food on my plate ushering for me to ate.

"Where are we going?" I asked nervously.

Surely this had to be another gap that he wanted to fill in now.

"Eat for now. I'm going to go warm up the car," he responded before leaving the kitchen.

**************************************

Drew had stopped at a florist and handed me two beautiful bouquets.

The gesture was sweet yet I had thought was incredibly random.

Surely he was making due for our argument last night.

Shooting him a questionable look, he said nothing.

The car ride was about 15 minutes and I had been accompanied by the sound of the radio.

Drew hadn't uttered a word since the house.

Pulling up to a gated field what seemed, Drew propped the door open.

He took the lead, ushering for me to follow.

It dawned on me as to where we were headed.

The weather was cold but bearable, making the walk not devastatingly cold.

Drew stopped in front of the rock and nodded his head.

I shot him an appreciative look.

This was difficult on him I gathered.

Much harder than one would presume.

I sat beside the tombstone which had leaves all over and ran my fingers over his name.

Wesley Drake.

This seemed all so fake.

As if it were all one big sick joke.

"I'll give you a few," Drew said before walking away so that he was out of ears length.

I glared at the tombstone and let the tears fall.

I set the flowers aside, now understanding why Drew had stopped in the first place.

"I bet you're laughing at me right now," I said out loud.

Wiping my tears away, I spoke believing he could hear me.

"I don't know what happened after you went, but what I do know is that even though we had broken up before your accident, I never hated you. I may have said it, but I truly never did. I could never." I said truthfully.

Fidgeting with the leaves, I was clearing his tombstone so that no leaf was on top of his plaque.

"I forgive you." I whispered, hoping he somehow heard.

"I think it's crazy that I was in some accident but fortunate enough to have made it out alive. I wish that outcome was the same for you Wes."

"If only."

"Maybe you were dodged this sick, twisted fate of mine." I said laughing sarcastically.

"Kidding, but not really."

"I don't know what I'm missing. Or why I feel so sad these days. I should be grateful I'm alive. Living life to the fullest yet here I am fighting with the ones I love most. Why am I being like this?" I asked.

I was so confused.

"If you could give me some sign letting me know that everything will be alright, that would be greatly appreciated." I laughed.

I kissed the top of the tombstone and continued to sit in silence for a few more minutes.

Drew had not once turned around, respecting my privacy.

I admired that.

My heart tugged at how much my best friend cared for me.

I was truly lucky for him.

Looking around the tombstone one last time I noticed a single leaf that I missed cleaning up

I looked at it intently.

It was an intricate leaf shaped into a letter.

It looked as if it were a letter D.

I kid you not, this had to be some sick joke.

I laughed, "If this is your way of saying I'm some d*ckhead, you are absolutely right."

"Goodbye, Wesley." I stated standing.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I walked away.

The wind picked up just as I reached Drew.

"Everything ok?" He asked worried.

Nodding, I gave him a soft hug.

"Thank you. I needed this." I told him truthfully.

Not letting go of my hug, he walked us over to the car.

I don't know how I handled this years ago but what I felt now was sadness.

Although it was powerful, it did not consume me.

I was grateful for that.