All The Right Moves- Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

"I feel like a badass." I told him.

He shot me a genuine smile, "You are a badass."

Laughing, we were interrupted by a knock behind Drew.

"Hey! I wasn't sure when we'd see you around here." I heard a male voice say behind Drew.

Walking to the side a tall brunette appeared.

"Doolittle made it," Drew replied. Confused, I looked at him as he spoke. 

"It's Adam. I'm one of your workers. I just wanted to pop my head in and see how you were doing. Kenna has been filling us all in and we are all so happy that you're doing well." He stated clarifying my confusion.

Nodding my head, "Right. It's good to see you!" I told him.

I felt guilty for not remembering him but surely he understood?

I looked at Drew who looked at Adam intently.

I was sensing a heighten in testosterone levels in the room.

He was giving me a weird vibe about Adam.

"Thank you." Was all I could respond.

I sounded pathetic but I truly didn't know what to say.

I was starting to feel a bit frustrated.

I had built an apparent empire yet I couldn't gather any recollection of how I got to where I was at before my accident.

"Right well, I'm gonna leave but I just wanted to see how you were. Glad to see you we've missed you around here." He stated before exiting the office.

I felt my jaw clench.

Why couldn't I just fricking remember?!

Feeling a small headache coming on I felt stressed out.

"Hey, you're doing great. At any time you feel overwhelmed just tell me. We will leave." Drew stated coming to my side.

Rubbing my shoulders, I knew he would feel how tense I was.

I felt myself get angry with myself.

"Come on. I think that's more than enough for today," He said pulling me to my feet.

Nodding in approval, I hugged his side, ushering for him to get us out of here.

I was there for under ten minutes yet I felt that if one more person came to me and said something I would've felt terrible for not knowing them.

"You did great," He whispered into my hair as we walked to the elevator.

I let out a sigh and felt Drew's hold on me tighten.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered to me just as we reached the car.

Staring down at my feet I couldn't help but feel sad.

"Hey,-" He stated pulling my chin up to look at him.

"I am so proud of you. Not everyone has the courage and strength to hold the weight that you've been carrying. Take it easy on yourself." He stated.

His words meant so much to me.

Without saying a word I nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for bringing me," I told him before climbing into the car.

*****************************************

"What in the world is this?!" I shout jokingly.

Drew and I had just walked in on baby Clay with a jar of Nutella, plastering it all over his pampers.

"Blake!! Clay found the Nutella... again!" Drew shouted from behind me while laughing.

Clay had about ten pampers plastered in front of him with Nutella wiped around each of them.

I saw Drew walk over to him laughing hysterically.

"Oh my gosh Clay!" Blake shouted entering the room.

"You and the dang Nutella!" She stated grabbing Clay and running up the stairs.

"Bath time right now you crazy child," She stated running up the stairs.

Drew gathered all the pampers and licked one of them.

"Drew!" I stated slapping his shoulder.

I felt an extreme sense of Déjà vu.

Shrugging, Drew seemed unfazed.

"Nothing I haven't done before," He stated before winking at me.

Realizing that this was something I wasn't understanding I spoke, "Am I missing something?" I asked curiously.

I noticed that he clenched his jaw slightly before responding, "No babe. Nothing at all."

And with that, he walked into the kitchen leaving me alone in the foyer.