All The Right Moves- Chapter 26

Start from the beginning

The entire team celebrated in victory and I tried to find Drew from the crowd on my screen but was unable to.

I'm sure he was beyond excited.

I was so incredibly proud.

Seeing him play felt absolutely surreal.

"Can I see your phone real quick B?" I asked Blake.

"Sure thing," She responded handing it over to me.

I had ordered myself a new iPhone yet it hadn't arrived. Blake's phone was my only form of communication that I had to speak with anyone at the moment.

'Congrats, I'm so very proud of you! -Charlie' I sent out to Drew.

I knew he wouldn't see it right now but I wanted him to know that I was watching and that I was absolutely proud of him.

Tossing the phone back to her, I noticed her dim the lights in the living room.

"Now that raised my blood pressure, I need something that'll calm me down," Blake stated flipping to a movie while plopping on the couch.

"Twilight again B? You never seem to get sick of this movie. I feel like that's all you watch." I stated chuckling.

She shot me a sad smile.

"I haven't watched this in a while. But I thought it would be some good time for us to talk." She added, ushering for me to sit beside her.

Plopping myself next to her, she threw the blanket across our laps.

"How have you been with everything?" She asked.

I shot her a soft smile, "I'm okay, really. It's hard at times and I get upset at some things but it is what it is. It helps that you guys all fill in gaps for me but I feel like I'm missing a whole chunk. And I know that you all feel like you're walking on eggshells with me. I'm sorry for making you feel that way."

"No Char, don't think that. We all just want for you to be okay, both mentally and physically. You know we will tell you whatever it is you want to know, you just have to ask. You haven't yet so it's left us to think that you'd rather not know right now." Blake interrupted.

"It doesn't matter though. What matters is that you're safe, getting stronger, and that you are alive. Everything else will fall into place," Blake stated looking closely at me.

I knew she meant every word and I loved her even more for making me feel confident that my situation will ease.

"Thank you B. And I'm also so sorry I don't remember a thing about Clay. I don't think you understand how much it is killing me to-"

Blake interrupted throwing her hand up to stop me from speaking any more, "Don't apologize. You picked up with him right where you left off. I know deep down that you don't need your memories to remember the love you have for him because I know you love him already again. Don't ever apologize for that Charlie," She stated sternly.

Hugging her from the side she wrapped her arms around mine, holding onto the embrace tightly.

I hadn't realized how stressed Blake felt until I hugged her. She had gone through the emotions just as everyone else and I sometimes forgot that she put up a brave front for me.

"Love you B," I replied.

Hugging me tighter she responded, "You know I love you, silly."

It was about a couple of hours later that I noticed Blake was sound asleep beside me.

Tugging on her arm softly I woke her up.

"Go sleep little mama." I told her as she stretched out her arms.