Lions' Pride pt. 3

Start from the beginning

Luckily the shield was up in time, unfortunately just like us, the blade was too powerful and disabled the shield.

The blade acted like a boomerang, returning to its owner who stood tall and proud.

The cold feeling in my chest grew colder and more painful as it began its next move.

In the center of its chest, a dark orb was created, the crackle of purple and black electricity could be heard as the orb grew bigger.

Then, it happened. The orb grew big enough to where it could be fired. And it did. The orb turned into a dark beam and headed straight for the Atlas, hitting its target head on.

My friends and I worked together to lift Voltron so we could see what was happening. Although, I would never want to see a beast attack our comrades.

"The power this creature us generating is unheard of. It's almost as powerful as Zurine." Pidge compared, "My surge indicators are spiking every thine it's about the fire. That sickle absorbed our quintessence. It's using our own energy to power its attack."

"Like the Komar." Allura said.

"Then we'll have to avoid direct contact. Everyone, up!" Keith said.

We lifted Voltron off the ground and created new swords, then charged towards the beast.

It fired its deadly beams, but we flew around them until we got close enough to hit it with our swords.

The beast pushed us back and tried to hit us, but Allura's quick thinking helped us avoid it. We landed behind the beast and swung our swords for an attack.

But the beast was quick and dodged the attack, before elbowing us in the face. Keith grunted in pain as we were thrown back close to the camps where innocent people were trapped.

"Guys, we need to be careful. There are innocent lives down there!" Hunk said when we landed too close.

"Then let's take the fight to the sky!" Keith said.

As quickly as we could, we shot off into the sky and brought the fight into open air above Earth.

Our swords clashed with the beast as it blocked our attacks sending shockwaves across the sky.

I growled in anger at this beast who dared to attack this planet and put the people in danger. My body was engulfed in a bright glow as the powers of sun filled my entire being.

"Pidge, the cannon!" Keith shouted.

Pidge did as told and formed the cannon, immediately firing at the beast, however our attack was blocked by the beast spinning its sword, but the result was dangerous and terrifying.

The dispersed attack rained down on Earth dangerously close to the Atlas.

"The Atlas! No!" Pidge shouted in fear and concern. After all, her father was on that ship, too.

But that's when the worst happened to both me and my friends.

While we were distracted by the Atlas being in danger, the beast siezed the opportunity.

It flew towards us, its sword held straight towards us, and without a single sign of hesitation, it struck the chest. My Lion.

I acreamed in pain as the blade sink deeprr into my Lion, White roaring in pain as I screamed in agony.

ZURRRIINNNNEEEEE!!!!!!" Everyone shouted in terror and horror as we fell towards the ground.

We hit the ground hard, the sword sucking out all of our energy and hurting me even more that the cold pain in my chest.