Big misunderstanding- lukagami/Adrienette

For the first time in years, the city of Paris was once again calm and the love filled place it used to be. Thanks to our favorite heroes and their recent defeat of Hawkmoth.

So, with Paris safe, it seemed like the purfect time for a certain cat to finally make his lady his wife. Only, there was one problem. Adrien was so incredibly nervous and scared. More than his first photo shoot, his first time as a hero and his first big fight with his dad put together.

Every possible thing that could go wrong haunted his mind. What if she doesn't like the ring? What if she said no? What if she doesn't want to spend her life with him anymore? It went on and on, so he asked a friend of his for some advice. Kagami.

"I hope you called me here for a good reason." Kagami stated with clear irritation in her voice. "I have a very important family dinner and I can't risk being late."

"I know, I know, I just need your advice." Adrien smiled nervously.

"Don't just stand there all day." Kagami crossed her arms.

"Well, I'd like to ask someone very special a really important question and since you're a girl I could use your input." Adrien explained slowly. He took in a breath and opened the ring box for her to finally understand what he meant. "I want to make Marinette mine for the rest of my life."

Kagami's eyes widened. This was serious. While it is true that Adrien broke her heart to be with Marinette all those years ago but that did not change their friendship. Besides, Kagami had her eyes on a certain musician now.

"Fine." Kagami sighed. "Show me what you have."

Adrien nodded excitedly and went through what he had planned. Giving little back stories when relevant. Until he finally got down on one knew and held the ring box before her. However, just as he did that, two new guests walked in on the scene. It was Marinette and Luka. They froze in complete shock and horror.

Could this really be happening? After all this time together and finally being together, Adrien is proposing to Kagami.

Marinette couldn't take the sight anymore. She turned and ran out the door. Luka just glared at the blond, angrier than he had ever been. He took Marinette from him and now when he is happy again, he is taking Kagami.

The door clanked loudly as Marinette ran out, alarming the Adrien and Kagami. He caught sight of Marinette before the door slammed shut.

"Wait Marinette!" Adrien jumped to his feet. He tried to run after her but Luka shoved him back, nearly knocking him to the floor. "Hey! What was that for?" Adrien snapped angrily.

"I am so tired of you, Agreste!" Luka exclaimed. "First you take Marinette, and now, when I have finally moved on, you take her too. Make up your mind!"

Luka took a step forward, his fists clenched at his sides. No doubt, he was ready to fight the blond boy. Adrien is just thankful Hawkmoth isn't around to akumatize him. Adrien also got into a fighting stance.

"That's enough!" Kagami jumped between them with two Sabres pointing at the two males. "There will be no fighting tonight."

"Wait, where did you get those? Did you have them on you?" Adrien wondered.

"No, I found them but that's beside the point. Adrien, go clear things up with your lady." Kagami instructed.

Adrien nodded and went out the door.

"Wait!" Luka protested. "But he-"

Kagami brought the saber closer to him to silence him.

"Luka, this is all a big misunderstanding." Kagami explained. "Adrien asked for my help because he wants to propose to Marinette. What you both saw, was him practicing what he was going to do with her. Besides, even if Adrien had proposed to me, I would have said no." She lowed the sword a bit.

"Why?" Luka asked.

"Because I want to be with you." Kagami answered boldly. 

Luka stared at her for a moment in disbelief. Then, catching even Kagami off guard, he pushed the sword out of the way and pulled her to him. He kissed her like he had wanted to since he discovered his feelings for her. Kagami smiled as she kissed him back. She dropped the sword and pulled him closer. Now that Kagami knew how Luka felt, there was no way she was going to let him go.

Meanwhile, Adrien was on the search for Marinette. He knew exactly where she was. The special spot that she liked to call her inspirational secret garden. 

Sure enough, there Marinette sat, balling her eyes out. Adrien bit his lip. He hates seeing her so sad. This was supposed to be a happy night for them. He silently sat down on the step bedside her.

"Marinette?" Adrien whispered softly.

She jumped but turned away. 

"What are you doing here?" She whimpered.

"Can you please look at me?" Adrien begged. "I know what you saw, but it wasn't what it looked like. I promise." She remained still and silent. "Would I ever lie to you, bugaboo?"

Marinette gave in and finally turned to him. Though she still had tears in her eyes and glistening checks.

"What is it?" Marinette asked.

"I know this is hard to believe but tonight was supposed to be really special. I had everything planned. However...I was afraid." He saw the surprise in her eyes and smiled a bit. "So many things worried me that I thought I needed advice. So, I went to Kagami and asked her opinion. I was going over what I planned to do with you when you walked in us. I never intended to hurt you, Marinette."

"Well...can I hear it?" Marinette asked.

"Of course." Adrien remarked. He got up from the step and stood in front of her. "Just keep in mind that there is more to this after the proposal. As long as you say yes."

"Trying to sway me already." Marinette giggled.

"Maybe." Adrien grinned. "Anyway, here we go." He took in a deep breath and began. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, for as long as I've known you, you have never ceased to amaze me. Whether it be as my parter in crime stopping, or as my best friend back in high school. It's no wonder I fell in love with the creative, beautiful, smart, wonderfully clumsy girl that you are. I wouldn't change a single thing about you and now I think it's time to make you mine before anyone else can." Adrien paused as he got down on one knee and presented the ring box. "Marinette, will you marry me?"

Adrien opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring with a diamond Ladybug in the center. Marinette stood up from her spot on the steps and pulled Adrien to his feet. She then planted a kiss upon his lips. Adrien happily kissed her back.

"A thousand time, yes. I would love more than anything to be your wife." Marinette smiled brightly. "I love you Adrien, and I always will."

"And I nothing could ever sway my heart from you, my lady." Adrien lightly kissed her hand before putting the ring on it. "Now, let's go enjoy the rest of the night I had planned."

"Oh! I can't wait!" Marinette chirped. "Lead the way my kitty."

So Adrien took her hand and lead her off to his special plans. First, there was a lovely dinner at the restaurant that they had their first date. Second, a visit to Andre's ice cream cart. Next, they took a ride around the city, admiring the beauty of Paris lit up at night. Finally, they got home and went to bed, awaiting the start of their new life together.

THE END!!!