Chapter 12: Tiny Truths

ARGH I'M SO SORRY THIS IS LATE!!!! I kinda sorta forgot but i will definitely not do it again! thanks for reading and enjoy guys :)

An almost inaudible jingle chimed through Lil's mind, slowing pulling her out of her dream. She pushed the sound away and tried to pull herself back into the tranquil state of unconsciousness, but the jingle was became more prominent this time. More forced.

Along with the jingle, Lil felt something tickle her nose. She blindly reached up and scratched it, and in doing so she heard a high pitched squeal.

Her eyes flung open to see a small, bright light in her face. She immediately threw her hands over her eyes and rolled onto her other side, trying to get rid of the whiteness behind her eyes lids.

"I'm blind!" She cried, still rolling back and forth, "You've blinded me, Alina!"

The fairy stomped a foot which made another jingle noise,

"Stop exaggerating. You're fine."

Lil stopped rolling and rubbed her eyes until they teared. Then slowly, one at a time, she opened them.

"See!" Alina exclaimed, with arms crossed.

Lil laughed and wiped the dirt from her eyes, "I thought I would be, you know. Your light is much brighter then you assume."

Alina fluttered her magnificent, but torn, wings, "I'm quite aware."

Lil's eyes finally focussed and she rolled to one side, putting a hand beneath her cheek.

She was on the floor, in the forest, on a semi-comfortable bed made out of moss and other soft tree items. Last night, Alina had chosen a place to sleep underneath a large willow tree and helped Lil find plants she could use as a bed. Meanwhile Alina curled up on top of a mushroom sprouting from the tree.

Lil smiled, "Good morning."

Alina returned it, "Good morning to you too."

"Got anything planned for today?"

Alina rolled her eyes, "I've been up for a few minutes. No, I haven't thought of anything particularly interesting to do."

"Alright. I'm sure we'll think of something."

Lil sat up and stretched her neck, and as she patted down her frizzy hair she pulled some of the leaves out.

"What I wouldn't give for a mirror right now." She sighed.

Alina nodded, "Same here."

"Did I get them all?" Lil asked as she pulled another twig from the mass that became her hair.

Alina giggled, "No."

Lil threw her arms up, "I give up!".

She combined all the hair to one side and, using the spare hairband on her wrist, turned it into a braid.

Alina smiled, "That looks nice."

"Oh, really? It's just a braid. I don't think-"

Alina shot Lil a look of annoyance.

"What?" Lil questioned.

"You're doing it again. Doubting youself. You really need to stop doing that."

Lil waved her hand in dismissal and stood up. To her dismay, her legs were scratched up and down in long marks, and her arms were badly bruised. She groaned and poked at a bruise, "I can't imagine what a wreck I look like right now."