Chapter 6: Broken things can be fixed

Lilith struggled to open her eyes as she slowly lifted her head from the window sill. She brought a hand to her forehead and took a sharp breath as pain shot threw her head.

Once her vision cleared up, she looked down at her hands. They were covered in black ink. A glance at her diary confirmed the source. The last sentence at the bottom of the page was unfinished, and smeared. Lil rubbed her eyes and thought to herself, "I must have passed out. But wait. I passed out because-"

Suddenly, from behind her, Lil heard a soft sob in the darkness. Chills climbed her spine as she turned around to face whoever it was. The only light in the room was provided from the moon outside, and all Lil could see was the back of a boy, sitting on her floor.

His head was hung between his knees and Lil could hear him crying. Instead of being alarmed, she was intrigued. Every cell in her body told her to scream, told her to run. But something about the way the boy was sitting, the way he looked so... defeated. Didn't make her so afraid.

Cautiously, Lil spoke up.

"Why are you crying?" Is the only thing she could think to say.

The boy shot up straight and whipped around to face her. Still sitting on the floor, Lilith's eyes went wide with surprise at the boy.

He was wearing clothes made entirely of leaves. They covered his lower parts and reached his mid-thigh, and a strap of them went across his left shoulder, daringly exposing his beautifully tanned chest and arms. Next her eyes traveled to his face. Perfectly round with cheeks quite rosy, even in the moonlight, though they were smudged with dirt. Atop his head sat a curly mop of dirty blond hair that reached to just below his ears.

His eyes were the lightest shade of blue that Lil had ever seen. Even lighter than the sky on a cloudless day. The boy was strikingly attractive, and looked to be about her age. Tear stains were down his cheeks and as she studied him, he looked back at her with equal curiosity.

Somehow she found the courage to speak again.

"Who are you?"

This time, the boy gasped loudly. With one, startled jump, he leaped into the air and clung to the ceiling.

Lilith sprung up and as a scream developed in her throat, the boy came soaring towards her and clamped her mouth shut with his hand. She was pushed against the wall as he hovered in front of her, still holding her mouth. Lil breathed heavily through her nose and could not tear her eyes from his. They were even bluer up close, but now she noticed streaks of red in them. Very subtle, but still there.

She could feel herself shaking and was almost certain she would collapse from fear at any moment.

"Look," The boy finally said, "I'm not going to hurt you. When I take my hand away from your mouth, don't scream. Got it?"

Lil unsteadily nodded her head.

Gently, the boy pried his hand away from her mouth and she sucked in deep breaths. She pressed herself against the wall behind her, hoping to melt away into it, and away from this strange boy.

The boy floated away and landed back where she had first seen him. He placed his hands at his sides and stared at Lil.

Through ragged breaths of worry, Lil asked the boy again.

"W-Who are you? H-How'd you get into my house? And how the hell did you.... fly!?"

The Boy crossed his arms over his chest and shrugged, "It's a lot to explain."