Chapter 21: The Stubbornness of Girls

"The only difference between falling in love and being in love is that your heart already knows how you feel, but your mind is too stubborn to admit it." - Colleen Hoover

PETER'S POV:

I'm doing my best to concentrate on getting through the dense bushes, rather than pay attention to the creature that is trailing me.

What creature would dare follow me, and I would let it live, you may ask?

A girl. That's what creature.

Girl's are an entirely different species. They get emotional very quickly, they always think they're right, and they never ever want to get dirty. Even though Wendy was the only girl I ever brought to Neverland, I learned enough from her to save me a lifetime of wondering. Sure, I guess I could technically say that Tink is a girl but, it's different. Not only is she a fairy, but she acts more like a boy than a girl. Meaning she's not afraid to go on adventures with me. Wendy wasn't afraid either, but she definitely followed the same pattern I described a few seconds ago.

Emotional. Always right. Always clean.

Girl's also just... are different. I don't know how else to explain it.

They always smell really nice. And the way they look at you sometimes, like you're the only person in the world they see, that's what I like. It's more fun playing with the Lost Boys, and doing messy things, but it's a different kind of fun with girls.

Once Wendy left, I never knew if I'd have the opportunity to meet another girl.

Now there are two of them on my island, and one is behind me.

Lilith. I can't recall if she ever told me her last name, but it doesn't matter because her first name sounds just right. She prefers that people call her Lil, for short, but I like Lilith better. It suits her well.

It suits her firey red hair, her forest green eyes, and even the almost invisible freckles that look painted onto her cheeks.

Every time I think of her I feel this... thing... in the pit of my stomach. She's much different than Wendy was, I can tell that already. She's got this flaming spark in her that matches the bright color of her hair. I don't know why, but when I saw her at her window sill that first night, I just knew she was meant to come to Neverland. To be here. With me.

Not actually with me but, around me.

Although, at the moment, I'd rather she had stayed at the tree house.

Somehow, in the chaos of her getting here, she managed to bring along three of her stupid friends. A younger boy named Mike (who actually might just make a fine Lost Boy), his older sister named Wendi (the similarity of her name to my Wendy's is odd, but they are nothing alike), and another boy named Jonathan (whom we are now risking our lives to save).

That stupid boy, Jonathan, hurt himself on the way over, and now he's pretty much dying. And of course, Lilith will do anything to save him. Oh, that's another thing I forgot to mention about girls.

They're extremely stubborn.

"Peter, won't you talk to me?" I heard Lilith say, breaking my train of thought.

There's nothing I'd rather do more, quite honestly, but I'm upset with her. For one, she made fun of me. When I told her about the Isilo, she said some pretty mean things to me. Maybe she didn't intend for them to come out that way, but it felt like she slapped me across the face. And for two, she won't listen to me! I've tried warning her how dangerous the Isilo is, but she doesn't care. She's going to do anything to save that stupid boy who got himself hurt. It should be him going to get there Neverleaf to save himself.