Chapter 7: NewCastle

The dim rays of the morning sun shone through the mahogany shades of Lilith's window. They cast unique patterns on her face, but she was still wildly lost in sleep. Completely blissful and unaware of the outside world that was already awake and full of life.

There was a soft tap on Lil's door and a creaking noise as it opened.

"Lilith?" Her Mother quietly asked.

Eyes still closed and buried under the blankets, Lil moaned "What, Mom?"

"Sorry to wake you, dear, I just don't want you to waste the day sleeping. It's nearly eleven o'clock."

Lilith's eyes shot open as she threw the covers off and jumped out of bed, "Eleven? Oh no. Oh no no no!"

"What is it?" Margaret asked as Lil dashed into the bathroom.

"I'm supposed to hang out with a friend today!" Lil called, "At eleven!"

Margaret checked the watch on her hand and made a clicking sound with her tongue, "Well it's a good thing I woke you."

"Yeah. Thanks Mom!" She said as she splashed her face with water.

Lil's mother went to leave, but stopped herself in the doorway and turned back to Lil.

"Dear, did you come home late last night? I heard something downstairs and I was assuming it was you."

In the midst of brushing her teeth, last night came flooding back to mind. Going to the Cove with the Darling's, the bizarre encounter at the library, bursting into the house in a flurry... and Peter.

Lilith suddenly felt her heart sink to her stomach.

Was that real? Did Peter Pan actually fly to her window? Or was the whole thing a dream?

But it couldn't be! Everything seemed so... genuine.

"Well?" Margaret asked again.

"Oh," Lil spit in the sink, "It was, sorry. I know I got back late. It won't happen again. I promise."

"Alright then. Just be home earlier tonight please."

"Will do." Lil replied as she

re-entered the room and walked into her closet.

Her mom finally shut the door and Lil let out a sigh.

She sat on the edge of her bed and put her hands in her head.

"Peter Pan? In my room?", She shook her head, "No way."

But then she remembered.

She lifted her head and looked up, over towards her dresser. And there, sitting on the left corner, was her perfectly fixed snowglobe.

Lil ran up to it and picked it up in both hands, feeling each side and examining the smoothness. She gently shook it and the snow blew around the water like a blizzard. Little, white flakes covering the top of Big Ben.

She smiled to herself and placed the snowglobe back on the dresser.

So it wasn't a dream! He was real! He had been here! And he was coming back! To tell stories, just like he promised.

Lil's heart swam at the memory of him floating gracefully outside her window, bowing and saying goodnight. How magical he looked against the night sky.

She had so many questions to ask, things to discover. When he came back, she'd be ready.

Lil's thoughts were interrupted by a loud buzz. She snapped out of her daydream and ran over to her phone. It was a message from Jonathan.