54

Alana's POV

I was in the kitchen, pulling out ingredients to make pasta when Shawn's caller ID popped up on my phone screen. I answered the FaceTime request.

"Hi honey! I'm at the airport! I'll be home in around seven or so hours"

I smiled widely. Shawn finally finished tour and he's coming home from New York. "I'm so excited for you to come. I'm sick and tired of not having you here"

"I'm very excited too. What are you up to?"

"I'm just making spaghetti for me and Sweets. How's New York?"

"New York is beautiful. I was able to make some music and I'll let you listen when I come home"

"Yay! Th-" I stopped when I felt a weird sensation at the lower part of my stomach. I looked down, silent.

"Alana, is everything alright?"

"I-" I couldn't seem to get my sentence out.

"Honey what's going on?"

"Shawn. I think. My water broke"

Shawn's eyes widened on the screen. "Are you sure?! She's not supposed to come out for another week"

"Oh. I'm sure"

"OKAY DON'T PANIC. CALL ELENA"

"Shawn. Calm down. I will clean this up and then I'll call Elena. My contractions haven't even st-" At that moment, I felt something squeezing inside of me. I closed my eyes shut and grimaced.

"CALL HER ALANA" Shawn panicked through the phone.

The contraction lasted about thirty seconds then stopped. "Mmm. Yup. I'll call her. After I clean this mess up and change my clothes"

"YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO CLEAN THAT UP. GO TO THE HOSPITAL"

"That's disgusting if I just left this here. Besides, I have 24 hours to get this baby out and the contractions aren't five minutes apart yet so it's not like I really need to get to the hospital" I brought the phone with me to grab a towel to clean the mess.

"You're insane Alana"

"I'm fine. Don't worry"

"I can't NOT worry. You're in labor and I'm not even there!"

"It's going to be FINE SHAWN. STOP YELLING"

"Who's the one yelling now?"

"You're stressing me out. I thought you'd be here when this happened and look. You're on the other side of the dang country"

"I'll be there in seven hours. Just have the baby and I'll be there. Look. I have to go. My plane is taking off. I love you sweetheart. You got this"

I looked at the screen and frowned. "Love you more love bug" He ended the call and I went upstairs to change my clothes and grab the baby bag.

I pulled out my phone on my way down the stairs and called Elena.

"Hi Auntie Alana!" Layla's voice exclaimed excitedly.