44

Alana's POV

"What do you mean you aren't taking the record deal?!" Shawn exclaimed, a hint disappointment in the sound of his voice. We were currently at a cute little cafe in Toronto, having some breakfast. I had a ham and cheese omelet with mushrooms while Shawn had a blueberry muffin.

"I just don't think it's realistic for me right now. Singing and performing is your thing. I think I need to find mine"

"Did you hear how you sounded when we performed at the Late Late Show? You sounded better than I did"

I took a sip of my iced latte before responding. "You sounded better, without a doubt. And I don't know. Settling down and having a family was something that I strived for growing up. Maybe I should use my degree for once, I don't know"

"Why is this sounding a lot like a breakup Alana?"

My eyes widened and I set my fork down, looking him straight into his eyes. "You're crazy for thinking that. I'm not breaking up with you, idiot. I'm just trying to figure out my life"

He chuckled, shook his head, and took a sip of his coffee. "So what's the game plan?"

"The game plan" I spoke then thought for a bit. "Watch you and your career blossom even more than it has been, get married, go on our honeymoon,  then go with you on tour. The stuff after that is still a blur. But I do eventually want to raise our children and maybe get a nursing job. That stuff's for later though so don't worry about it right now"

"Sounds like a good plan. But are you sure you don't want to take the deal? I would really love for the both of us to be touring together and exploring the world. Meet fans. Have fun"

"I'm still going with you on tour whether I accept the deal or not, you know that right?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah I expected that but your plan sounds like you want to stay back and settle down"

"Eventually. I want to settle down eventually. Not right now, silly"

Shawn gave me a heart warming smile and reached over across the table to give my hand a small squeeze.

---------------------------

Thanksgiving in America is coming up pretty soon in about a week or so. Shawn and I decided to order plane tickets to go and visit my family at home. Every year, my parents host this huge family reunion where  my family from my mom and dad's sides come together and celebrate. Shawn and I were on our way back to the condo from eating breakfast and I tried explaining to him the mechanics of it all.

"So you're telling me that every single family member from both of your parents' sides come together in one household? Your families must be pretty small"

I shook my head. "Oh no no. My extended family is so huge. I don't think I even met all of them yet. My parents have to rent out a venue every year to accommodate us all. It's  like a huge wedding without the wedding. Basically just the reception"

We were walking hand and hand, down the hall until we reached the door to the condo. Shawn grabbed the keys from his pocket and unlocked the door. I pushed it open and took off my large coat as I went inside, Shawn doing the same. It's been getting colder in Canada lately so winter apparel has been necessary over the past few weeks now.

I walked over to the kitchen counter to set down my purse while Shawn went straight to the couch. Since the condo was an open house plan, everything was connected so you would be able to see the living room from the kitchen area. I walked over to the grey couch and plopped myself right into Shawn's arms. I rested my head on his chest and he rested his on top of mine.