25

Alana's POV

I sat on the light blue couch, my laptop on my lap as I did my school work. Elle was sitting right next to me, scrolling through her phone. I was just minding my own business and watched the show when I heard a soft gasp next to me. 

I looked over at Elle, her eyes wide, but when she saw me looking at her, she immediately brought her face back to its normal resting face. Wondering what she saw I asked, "What is it?"

She looked at her phone then to me. "Nothing"

"Really. What is it? I want to know"

"It's nothing. Just a new horror movie trailer" She said this quickly, as if she were hiding something.

"Are you sure?"

"Am I sure what?"

"Are you sure it was just a horror movie trailer?" 

Her eyes began to soften. "Oh, Alana. I don't know. It could be fake, maybe I'm hallucinating"

"Hallucinating what?"

She turned on her phone then gave it to me. She was on Instagram and it was a series of photos posted by a Shawn update account. The first picture was of Shawn and Camila Cabello sitting outside at a park bench. 

"Oh. I don't see what's wrong with this. They're really good friends. I thought you knew that" I looked at her and she had a worried look on her face. I decided to keep on scrolling. The third, and last, picture was of them kissing. 

I felt my arm go numb as I dropped Elle's phone on the couch. I looked at Elle, placed my laptop on the coffee table in front of us, and just stared at her. I grabbed her phone again to make sure I was not losing my mind. 

I looked at Elle, my heart beating at an unusually fast pace. "I- I don't understand"

"Alana, come here" She outstretched her arms and I scooted towards her, giving her a hug, my face resting on her shoulder.

My mind was still in a state of shock. "I'm so confused. Just last night, he called me telling me how much he loved me and how I shouldn't forget that. Was he just using me all this time? Am I not good enough for him?"

"Shhh" She whispered, brushing a hand through my hair. "It'll be alright. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding"

I moved back from her hold, breaking the hug. "A misunderstanding? Elle, I know you need glasses but I'm pretty sure that's another girl kissing my boyfriend"

"Maybe you should call him? See what he says?"

I considered her words. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Maybe he's working on a music video that he forgot to mention to me. I picked up my phone out of my bag that was on the floor, next to the couch. I turned it on and dialed Shawn's number, putting it on speaker.

After about two rings, he picked up. "Hello?" Shawn said, something sounding off with his voice.

"Hey. Just wanted to check up on you. We haven't talked all day"

"Oh. I'm fine. Thanks, honey"

"That's good. What'd you do today"

"Nothing much. Hung out with Brian and them. Pretty chill day"

"And nothing else?"

"Nope. That's pretty much it"

I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me. "That's good. Well, I have to go now. Elle is sleeping over tonight"