28

Alana's POV

I woke up to the familiar scent of bacon oil wafting in the air. I took off the grey comforter from my body, getting up and putting on a black hoodie over my tank top and plaid pajama pants. I walked upstairs to the main floor and kitchen, finding Shawn at the stove. I walked over to him and saw that he was struggling with cooking the bacon. "Good morning" He smiled at me, returning his concentration to the pan.

"Good morning. Need some help there?"

He timidly smiled at me. "Yes please. I tried making breakfast for you but I forgot that you were the one who knew how to cook"

I flipped the bacon over, allowing it to cook more on the other side. "It's the though that counts, right?"

"Right" He smiled, walking over to the cupboard next to the stove and took out two white mugs. "Want some coffee?"

"Mmm. Yes please" I placed the bacon on a platter as Shawn poured some coffee from the coffee maker into the mugs. I put the platter of bacon next to the plate of pancakes on the counter and sat down at one of the counter stools. "Did you make these pancakes?" I asked, pointing to the plate.

"I wish. I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea for me to try making pancakes" He sat down next to me, sliding the mug of coffee next to my plate. I thanked him and took a sip. "So" I spoke up. "Any plans for today?"

"Nope. Today is a day off. Yesterday was the last press day for the album"

"Speaking of album, may I listen to it?"

"Mmm. I don't know. It's kinda private"

"Oh. That's alright" I said, glumly, thinking that he was going to let me listen to it.

Shawn let out a soft chuckle. "I'm kidding, Alana. Of course you can listen"

After eating our breakfast and finishing our coffee, Shawn led me to his studio so that we can listen to his new album. We sat down on the brown couch at the right wall and he handed me a pair of black headphones to put on. I put them on while he put on his. "Ready?" He asked.

I gave him a thumbs up and he pressed play. Each song was its own emotional roller coaster; 16 songs in total. The perfect combination of upbeat songs and songs that made you want to cry. 16 songs and around an hour later, I was cuddled into Shawn's arms, blowing my nose into a tissue. I sat up, taking off the headphones as the last song finished.

"So" Shawn said. "What'd you think?" I looked up at him, tears blurring my vision.

"That was" I took a deep breathe. "By far your best album" I smiled at him. "Gosh that was beautiful. My heart can't handle it"

"I'm glad you liked it" He smiled back. The sound of the doorbell ringing caused us both to get up and go downstairs to see who it was. Shawn went up to the door and I sat at one of the counter stools at the kitchen which was next to the front door.

He opened the door and a petite girl with black hair was standing outside the door. I looked a little closer and realized that it was Camila Cabello. My heart dropped a little due to everything that has happened. She walked in, giving Shawn a hug. "Good morning fake boyfriend"

She pulled away from the hug then turned around. Her eyes landed on me and her expression immediately softened. "Oh my gosh" She walked over to me, spreading out her arms, and pulled me into a hug. She pulled away, taking my right hand and squeezed it between both of hers. "It's nice to meet you, Alana"

My voice took a second to escape my throat but I managed to say, "You too"

"So" She said slowly. "I see you and Shawnie have talked things through?"