46

Alana's POV

The sun was setting and everyone was outside, in the garden, for the wedding reception. There was a large dance floor right in the middle and round tables where the guests sat were arranged around it. There was a small platform that could be a makeshift stage where a DJ booth was set up as well as some instruments that could accommodate a band.

Shawn and I sat side by side at a small table next to the stage with plates of steak, potatoes, and vegetables along with two flutes of champagne. Everyone was sat at their assigned seating and the maid of honor and the best man were getting prepared to say their speeches.

Elena got up from her seat at her table with Josh, Layla, and my parents, and went up to the stage were a spotlight was shone at her and someone handed her a microphone.

"Hi!" She exclaimed. "My name is Elena Hernandez and I am Alana's older sister and maid of honor. I've known Alana for her whole life and she has definitely blossomed into quite the amazing person. Alana was the type of person to get attached really quick. She had the most random obsessions. The first, if I can remember correctly, was her obsession with Cole Sprouse from that one Disney Channel show, Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Her most strenuous and concerning obsession though, was one with an artist named Shawn Mendes. She would listen to his songs every single day on repeat and all she ever watched was him performing live on Youtube. Did I think she was actually going to marry the  Shawn Mendes? No. Not at all. The first time I met Shawn was on Christmas and let me tell you, I was pretty starstruck. The most important thing I learned on that day, though, was how perfect he was for Alana. We left him alone with my daughter, Layla, in the living room and we came back to the two of them playing tea party. It was the most sweetest thing and that was the one thing that Alana always wanted. She would always tell me about her dreams. Dream future, dream car, dream house, dream husband. And well, clearly, her dream came true. Not only is Shawn a gorgeous human being with beautiful hair" She paused and looked straight at Josh. "Sorry babe. I love you. You have beautiful hair too"

"NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS MENDES'" Josh yelled from his table. We all laughed.

"Where was I?" She thought for a quick second. "Oh yes! Not only does Shawn have beautiful hair, he most importantly has a beautiful heart. He's a family man and that was Alana's dream. And she taught me that if you dream hard enough, your dreams will in fact come true. Well, I could say that it's true because I, myself have a beautiful family with a loving husband. But that's not the point. The point is that the two of them are perfect together. Their kind souls make up the greatest duo of all time. It's comparable to a s'more; warm, sweet, and gushy. I think it's now time for the part of my speech that you all have been waiting for. The embarrassing story moment. I'm sorry Alana. You're welcome Shawn" She turned towards our table and smiled.

"Oh no" I muttered under my breathe, ready for whatever story she was going to throw at me.

"Our story begins on a couple years back when Alana was 18 years of age. We were at our Granny's house. Hey Granny" She waved. "Anyways, she, Granny, was having a birthday party and our family was invited along with a bunch of her friends and their grand kids who were around our age. So we're sitting at this table, eating food and there was this boy who's back was facing us and by what we could see, which wasn't very much, he looked a lot like Shawn. I nudge Alana and say, 'Hey. What are the chances that that's Shawn Mendes?'. I point, she looks over, and her eyes get so wide. 'I don't think that's him; there's no way' She says. 'Why don't I ask Granny?' I reply. I call over Granny and ask. She comes over to us and says 'Oh! That's Shawn. Apparently he likes to sing but that's all I know about him' Now. Let me tell you. Alana was freaking out. She tried speaking but the only thing that cane out were these super high-pitched squeaks.  It then progressed and five minutes later she had tears streaming down her face from laughter. I'd like to believe that she was truly going insane. The boy finally turned around and we saw his face. He was not Shawn Mendes but it turned out that his name actually was Shawn and he like to sing. What were the odds, am i right? I don't think that was the worst of it but it was pretty embarrassing considering that she was considered a legal adult and it's the perfect example to show just how obsessed she was with a person she hadn't even met"