12

Alana's POV

"What if Shawn came up to you right now and asked you to marry him?"

I thought for a second. "I don't know what I would say. I'd probably say no"

Elle gave me a horrified look. "What?" She said, quietly.

I smile started to creep on my face which soon turned to full blown laughter. Elle jokingly pushed me. "I hate you"

"Of course I'd say yes. I'd be stupid not to" My phone started to ring next to me and I picked it up, showing the screen to Elle.

"Speak of the devil"

Elle smiled. "You mean 'speak of the angel' because he's an absolute god"

"Is he my boyfriend or yours?"

"Hurrrrryyy. Answer!"

I pressed the answer button, putting it on speaker.

"Hello? Alana? "

"Hi!" I said, smiling.

"Hey. I just wanted to say good night before you go to bed"

"Isn't it morning over there?"

"Yeah. But I did some math and found an excuse to call you"

I chuckled. "You just used the clock app on your phone, didn't you?"

" Ha ha. NooOoo" I smiled at this.

"Hey! So I saw that video of you at a meet and greet today. What you said about me. I'm speechless"

"I was hoping you'd see that. Everything I said was genuinely how I feel "

"I love you. So much."

He let out a small laugh "I love you too, honey " There was some rustling in the background and I heard someone talking but it was inaudible on my end. "I hate to cut this call short but I have to go. Sweet Dreams "

"Have a good day, my love" I ended the call.

Elle looked at me like she was hurt. "What?" I asked.

"You need to go be with him"

"I just came back from being with him"

"That phone call. I could hear the pain from both of you"

"Pain? What pain?"

"The pain of not being in each others arms"

"Yes. I miss him. But there's nothing I can do about it"

"There is so much you can do about it, are you crazy?! Where is he, exactly?"

"Japan"

"Book a flight to Japan!"

"What?! No. School starts soon"

"School starts in September. 3 weeks from now. Go spend those weeks with the love of your life"

"But I-"

"Nope" She cut me off. "Stop being stubborn and book those dang tickets"

So that's what I did. Elle forced me to go home to pack and order the tickets. Of course, I didn't because I wouldn't want to be in the way of everyone at the concerts. I sat down on my couch, turning on the television, and wrapped myself in a blanket. Once I was comfortable, the doorbell started ringing frantically. I got up from the couch and opened the door.

Elle stared at me and I stared back. "You're kidding, right? I knew you would do this. Which is why I bought the ticket for you"

"You bought the ticket?" I said, in disbelief. "I don't want to go"