17

Alana's POV

The past couple of months have been the absolute hardest months of my life. I realized that when you are in a relationship with someone you truly admire, everything becomes difficult just because they aren't in your arms.

My house was fully decorated for Christmas. It was currently December 24th, Christmas Eve. I planned on going to my parents' house for Christmas tomorrow but now was just a time to relax and watch Christmas movies in the comfort of my own home. Elle would have been over but she went to visit family in Washington. Shawn was in Canada with his family.

I turned on the tree lights, leaving everything else off, turned on the television, and put on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It definitely was a children's movie but it was a classic and classics should be given some attention too. I grabbed the plate of cookies I baked earlier from the kitchen counter, along with a glass of milk, and brought it with me to the living room.

I was watching for a good thirty minutes when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked out the peephole and saw big bins of presents outside. Curious, I opened the door. Nobody was there, just the bins. I saw that there were tags on the gifts so I looked at one and saw my name on it but no evidence of who it was from. I stepped out into the porch, then peeked over to look at my driveway and saw a black car pull out of the driveway, my car blocking whoever was on the other side. I watched as the figure started walking towards me and it wasn't clear who it was because of how dark it was outside. The figure looked really puffy, interesting.

The person finally reached the other side of my car, rolling a large suitcase, and I saw exactly who it was. "Shawn!" I ran up to him, practically jumping him, and wrapped my legs around his waist. He was wearing grey sweatpants, a puffy snow jacket, and a black beanie. I took off the beanie to see the entirety of his face.

Brushing my hands through his curly locks, I cupped his face and kissed him, passionately. "What are you doing here, love? And what's up with the snow attire" I got down from him, embracing him in a large hug.

"Since you surprise me all the time, I thought that it was finally time to surprise you. And it was snowing in Toronto. Obviously it's not here and I'm scorching" He smiled, removing his jacket. We walked into the house, bringing everything inside.

We sat down on the couch, facing each other, and I looked at him with amazement. "What about you family?"

"They're going on vacation and I thought that it was about time I came and visited you" He smiled.

"So you're going to be spending Christmas. With my family?"

"Do you not want me to?"

"Of course I want you to!" I looked around the couch. "Where's my phone, I need to tell my parents" Shawn put his hand on my shoulder, sliding it down to my bicep, almost caressing it.

"Don't worry. I already told them"

"My parents knew about this?"

"Yeah" He grinned. "For a couple weeks now" I climbed onto his lap, cupping his cheeks in my hands, and giving him small pecks on his lips. I looked him in the eyes and smiled. "I missed you, handsome"

He pressed his lips softly into mine, smiling into the kiss. "Mmm. I think I missed you more"

I got off of him, grabbing the plate of cookies and offering him one. He took one and took a bite out of it. "Mmmm"

I chuckled. "Is it good?"

"Maybe one of the best cookies I've ever had" I led him to through the kitchen/ family room and into my bedroom, letting him get his things situated.