47

Alana's POV

I felt sloppy kisses being placed on my cheeks, forehead, then down my neck. "Morning, love bug" I groaned, as I was still half awake, and slowly began to open my eyes.

"Morning, Mrs. Mendes" He smiled into my neck.

"You're never going to get tired of saying that, aren't you?"

"Nope" He stated, matter of factly. "Last night was a dream. We actually got married!" He exclaimed.

I sat up, bringing the blanket over my chest. "It truly was a dream" I brought my hand to his jaw and admired him. He leaned in to kiss me before I stopped him.

"I have morning breath"

"No you don't. You're just paranoid. And I'm your husband now so it shouldn't even matter in the first place" He resumed what he started earlier and leaned in to kiss me.

"How does your breath still smell minty?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "So no morning breath?"

He shook his head. "None. And I think you never had morning breath in the first place. So all those times I tried to kiss you but you rolled away. What a waste"

I scrunched my nose at him and stood up from the bed, the white sheets wrapped around me, as I went into the bathroom to get ready for our trip to the airport.

——————————-

I opened the bathroom door, turned off the light, and saw that Shawn was leaning against the raised suitcase handle, waiting for me outside the bathroom door.

"I thought you were never going to get out of there. What took you so long? We're only going to the airport"

"My hair" I fluffed my freshly curled hair. "Was all tangled up like a rat's nest. It needed tender, love, and care"

"It's an 18 hour flight, honey" He made a crazy face at me. "No one's going to see your hair"

"I'm going to see my hair" I protested.

Shawn just shook his head and chuckled, rolling our luggage out of the hotel room.

————————————

An 18 hour flight later, Shawn and I made it to the Philippines for our honeymoon. We were in Boracay, a small island in the Central Philippines. The water was a beautiful aqua color and the sand was the cleanest color of white sand I've ever seen.

We walked into our private villa that we were going to rent for the week that we're here. It reminded me a lot like the one in Hawaii with an open floor plan and how the beach was just outside. There were large windows surrounding the entirety of the villa, allowing beautiful lighting into the space. The way the house was decorated was very modern with a black and white color scheme throughout. Very minimalistic feeling.

Shawn and I went into the spacious master bedroom with a king sized bed in the middle, covered with white sheets. Windows were also surrounding the walls inside the bedroom and you can see the blue ocean. I fell onto the bed, stomach down, and inhaled the smell of the freshly washed sheets. I felt physically exhausted but I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep due to the jet lag.

Shawn put our shared luggage on the bed next to me and zipped it open. "Up for a swim?" He asked, eyebrows raised, holding up his black swim trunks.

"Sure" I got up from the bed and went over next to him to grab my swimsuit. A black two-piece to match his black swim trunks.

I walked into the bathroom to change and walked back out. Shawn was already in his swimsuit and he let out a low whistle. "Wow. You never fail to amaze me, Sinclair"