29

Alana's POV

"Do you think?" He paused for a second. "Are you?"

"Pregnant?" I finished his sentence.

"When was the last time we um. Did stuff?"

I thought about it for a little. "I don't know? At least a month ago?"

"Is that enough time for symptoms to show up?"

"I don't know. I think so? I think I missed my period too. Let me check online" I pulled out my phone from my pocket and was beginning to search for it but Shawn held out his hand, causing me to stop.

"We should go do this privately. If someone overhears and it's just a false alarm, then I wouldn't want to get their hopes up"

"Alright" I nodded, following Shawn to the dining room to say goodbye to Aaliyah. We entered the room and Shawn spoke up. "Hey Chica" She looked up from her phone. "Alana and I have some errands to run, tell Mum and Dad that we said hi, okay?"

Aaliyah gave a small frown. "Alright. I'm glad you two are back together" She got up and led us to the door, giving us both hugs on the way out.

Shawn and I sat in the car as I pulled out my phone to see if my symptoms matched. I pulled up a website and read it out loud. "It says here that symptoms can start at 4 weeks, vomiting, headaches, fatigue"

"Have you been experiencing all those?"

"Yeah" I said, silence absorbing the interior of the car. Shawn started the engine and began driving. I spoke up, "If I am pregnant, what would do you wanna do?"

"What do you mean?" He glanced at me through the mirror and focused back onto the road.

"Would you want to keep it?"

Shawn reached his hand over to mine, giving it a small squeeze. "Whatever you want to do"

I smiled softly at him. I was worried that if I was pregnant then it would disrupt everything. Shawn and I are both young and Shawn is at the peak of his career. I also wasn't expecting to have a baby until I was married so this would have been somewhat of an inconvenience. I still have to finish college. Our lives just started and a baby on the way would mean that we would need to pause everything in order to take care of it.

Shawn stopped the car, disrupting my thoughts. I looked outside the window and saw that we were at a pharmacy. "I'm going to go down to get a pregnancy test. You can stay here if you'd like"

I decided to stay and wait for Shawn to come back. Around ten minutes later, he came back to the car, got into the driver's seat, and handed me a blue box that contained the pregnancy test stick. We drove back to Shawn's condo and I immediately made my way towards the bathroom. I opened the box, taking out the stick, and followed the directions on the packaging. I put the cap on the stick and placed it on the bathroom counter.

I went downstairs to Shawn in the kitchen. He was leaning against the kitchen island on his phone. Once he saw me, he put down his phone, smiling widely at me. I walked towards him and he held my cheeks in his hands, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"No matter what that stick says, I will love you unconditionally"

I wrapped my arms around his torso. "I love you Shawn Mendes" I went on the tips of my toes to be able to catch his lips in mine.

"And I love you Alana Sinclair" I rested my head on his chest as he rested his on the top of my head. "How long do we have to wait until it tells us?"

"Five minutes"

Five minutes went by like a sloth running a mile. Shawn followed me upstairs to the bathroom where I had left the test on the counter. I opened the door and walked to the test, picking it up and facing it away from Shawn so he couldn't see it.