42

Alana's POV

I unzipped the black garment bag that was laid down on top of the grey comforters in Shawn and I's bedroom. I took the dress out of the bag and brought it with me into the bathroom, hanging it onto the towel rack next to the shower. I took off the fluffy robe I was wearing and slipped on the dress. I pulled the sleeves up and allowed the lace fabric of the dress to rest on my shoulders.

I looked at myself in the mirror and fluffed the dress a bit, walking back into the bedroom to look at the dress in the vertical mirror that hung on the wall. It still fit perfectly like I glove, surprisingly. I was actually doubtful that the dress was going to still fit after all this time because the amount of food I've eaten over the past year or so raises some eyebrows.

I started shimmying around in the dress, happy that I managed to keep the dress in the same condition that I bought it in.

I was in the middle of practicing walking around with the dress on when I heard the front door open downstairs and someone walk into the condo. "Alanaaaaaaaa" Shawn called out.

My eyes widened. "shit" I mumbled to myself. "UH SHAWN STAY DOWNSTAIRS" I yelled.

"WHY?" He yelled back. I then heard his footsteps coming up the stairs. "DON'T YOU MISS ME?"

I started to scramble. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I quickly got out of the dress, put it back onto the hanger that was hung on the towel rack, then wrapped myself into the robe again. I walked out of the bathroom, swiftly opening and closing the bathroom door behind me.

Shawn was sitting at the foot of the bed, next to the protective bag that I needed to hide the dress. "Hi honeeyy" He smirked, his eyebrows raised.

"Heyyy lovebuugg" I imitated his tone.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Nothing" I walked over to where he was sitting and wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted his head to be able to look at me and I leaned down and placed a small kiss on his lips.

He pouted. "That's it? I haven't seen you in like three days and all you give me is a teeny weeny kiss?"

I shook my head then leaned down giving him a more passionate and heartfelt kiss.

He smiled and pulled away. "That's much better" I smiled back at him, kissing the top of his brown, curly head. I pulled away, grabbed the garment bag next to him, then ran to the bathroom.

"Heyyy. Where are you going?" I could hear the pout in his voice.

I closed and locked the bathroom door and placed the dress back in the bag. I went back out into the room and headed for the bedroom door. I felt Shawn's presence behind me so I turned around. "Why are you following me?"

"What's in the bag"

"Something you aren't allowed to see for a while"

Shawn scrunched his eyebrows. "What?"

"I do" I hinted, giving him a wink and a pat on the head before continuing my route to the basement. "Stay there" I said loudly, making my way down the stairs.

"OH" He exclaimed when I was already halfway to the basement. I hung the dress back in the storage closet and made my way back upstairs. Shawn was sitting on the couch in the living room so I went over and sat next to him.

He pulled me in for a hug, resting his chin on the top of my head. "Mmm. I missed this. I missed you"

I smiled, clasping his fingers into mine. "I missed you too"