11

Alana's POV

Goodbyes are always the hardest, especially when it's with someone you always want to be with. Shawn and I were at the airport, waiting for my flight.

"Are you sure you can't come on tour with me?"

"I'm sorry, love. I wish I could but school starts soon"

"How about online school?" He gave me a pout.

"Very tempting. But I already paid for this semester's tuition" I grabbed his hand, bringing it up to my lips.

From the airport speaker system, I could hear my flight being called. "That's me" I said. Shawn and I stood up from our seats and we went to the entrance, stopping just before it.

"I guess this is it" He said.

I put my arms around his neck as he put his hands on my waist. "Take care of yourself, alright?"

"Same to you. I'm going to miss you, you know that right?"

"I had a small feeling" I grinned. He shook his head, leaning in for a kiss. We stared at each other for a bit, thoughts running through my head. Tell him you love him. Come on Alana. Just say those three words.

"Last call" Someone yelled from the doorway.

"Thanks for this weekend, Shawn"

"Thank you, Alana" I gave him one last peck before slipping away from his arms and going on the plane.

6 hours later . . .

I was finally home. I left my suitcase on my bedroom door and belly flopped onto my bed. Although I had a wonderful time with Shawn in Toronto, I definitely missed the comforts of my own home. My eyes began to get heavy as I drifted off to sleep.

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

I opened my eyes to complete darkness and the sound of my phone going crazy. It was cold because I didn't have a blanket on and I was still in the clothes I've been wearing all day.

I reached for my phone on the middle of the bed. Being blinded by the brightness of the screen, I let my eyes adjust and saw that I had messages from Shawn.

Shawnie: Alana!

Shawnie: Babeee

Shawnie: Honey

Shawnie: Sweetie Pieeeee

Shawnie: You might not be awake but I hope these messages wake you up. I'm going to call you in five minutes!!

As if on cue, my phone started ringing, displaying Shawn's caller ID on the screen. I answered the phone.

"Helllllloo. Are you awake?"

"If I wasn't, would I be on the phone with you right now?"

"Oh right. Well, I need to ask for a favor"

"At 2 in the morning? Alright. What's up?"

"Sorry for the time inconvenience. Right now is the only time that could work. I need you to go outside on your porch"

"Outside? In the cold?"

"Just trust me"

So that's what I did. At two in the morning, I went outside and waited on my porch swing in the cold, wrapped in a fluffy blanket. I then watched as the headlights of a car went up the street and into my driveway. The car's engine turned off and I watched as one of the back doors opened and Shawn walked towards me.