24

Alana's POV

April 20th, about a week after my birthday. I was in the bathroom of the wedding venue, getting my bridesmaid dress on. I zipped up the zipper on the back then looked at myself in the full-length mirror that was hung up on the wall. After being tailored, the dusty blue dress fit perfectly on me.

I walked out of the bathroom, going to the bridal room where Isabella, Elena, and the rest of the bridesmaids were. Someone looked at the clock and said, "Five minutes!"

I walked up to Bella, smiling at her. "You look beautiful. Like a princess"

"Thank you baby cousin" She pulled me in for a hug. "I'm kind of nervous"

I pulled away from the hug, giving her a wide-eyed look. "Um. Bella, don't get cold feet now"

"No. You're right. There's nothing to be worried about. It's just that" She paused. "This is the man that I'm going to be with for the rest of my life. What if he isn't the one?"

I grabbed both of my hands in hers. "Bella. How does Elijah make you feel?"

"Well, I love him. A lot. More than I've ever loved anyone in my life. He makes me the happiest person alive. Whenever he has to go somewhere without me, I feel lonely. Like he took a piece of my heart with him"

I smiled at her answer. "See. There's absolutely nothing to be worried about"

The first couple of bridesmaids went down the aisle and then it was my turn. I went out of the building and down the aisle. Since the wedding was on the beach, I was worried that they would make us walk in the sand with heels on but they put some type of flooring so that wasn't an issue. I walked, a bouquet of blue and white flowers in hand, as I scanned the people who were sitting down, mostly all of them smiling at me. I got to the front, standing next to Elena who went up before me.

I looked at all the people, looking for one person only. It took me awhile but I found him. Sitting on the right side, three aisles back next to my mom, Shawn was smiling at me and I smiled back at him.

"You look gorgeous" He mouthed to me.

"Not so bad yourself, handsome" I mouthed back. He was wearing a regular black tux with a matching black tie.

I stood near the alter as the ceremony commenced. Bella walked down the aisle in her stunning dress and got married to the love of her life. Throughout the whole thing, I could feel Shawn's eyes on me and every time I would look at him, he would have the softest grin on his face.

The groom kissed his bride and the reception was brought to the other side of the beach. It was sunset now and all the guests went to their tables to grab a bite to eat, some went immediately to the dance floor where a DJ was playing music. Shawn and I were sitting at a table with my parents, Elena, Josh, and Layla.

"Okay everyone" I looked up at Isabella with a microphone in her hand. "I would like all of the ladies to come to the center of the dance floor where I will be doing the throwing of the bouquet"

Many women stood up and started to gather around Bella. I continued to eat my pasta, watching them. Elena, sitting to the right of me, nudged my arm with my elbow. "Go up there. You have a man now"

I looked at her then to Shawn. He raised his eyebrows. "What does all this mean exactly?"

"Hurry Alana. Go before she throws it!" I was frantically pushed out of my seat by Elena and I walked to the back of the crowd, irritated that I was disrupted from my meal.

I watched as Elena explained everything to Shawn. Basically, in our family, the throwing of the bouquet means that whoever catches it is the next to get married. And every single time, it truly does happen.