14

Alana's POV

A 12 hour flight and a couple of naps later, we made it to Paris at around 4 p.m. Shawn and I got settled into the hotel and decided to book a reservation at a restaurant for an early dinner. I looked at my outfit in the mirror after taking a shower and curling my hair. I was wearing a black long-sleeved bodysuit, on top of that, a baby pink skirt, grey knee-high socks, and black classic vans.

Shawn came in, buttoning up his shirt. He was wearing a white button-up shirt tucked into a pair of black pants. He looked up at me, pausing. "Wow"

I looked at him, smirking. "What?"

"You look. Wow"

I went up to him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Not so bad yourself, handsome" He leaned in, giving me a small kiss, smiling into it. He pulled away, looking at his watch then showed it to me. "It's almost time for dinner. Let's go"

Shawn and I were in a taxi heading to our next location. I was looking outside the window when we stopped in front of the Eiffel Tower. Shawn tipped the driver and we stepped out of the taxi. I looked over at him as he grabbed my hand. "The Eiffel Tower? We're eating here?"

He smiled. Pointing near the top of the tower with his pointer finger. "Right there" We went up an elevator that took us to a restaurant filled with people. We went up to the receptionist giving them the name of our reservation.

The lady looked at her computer, until she said, with a thick French accent, "Ah! Reservation. 2 for Mendes" She grabbed two menus then led us to a private room that had a large view of the city. "Your waiter will be right with you"

Shawn pulled out the chair for me and I sat down, he went to sit across from me. I looked at him in awe. "This is. You didn't have to do all this"

"Hey! Be quiet. We're only in the 'City of Love' once in a while. We should do what we do best"

"And what is that?"

"Be in love" I smiled at this, giving him a soft grin. We spent the next couple of minutes deciding what to eat, then a waitress came over to our room. "Bonjour! What would you like to have?"

Shawn went first, ordering a chicken dish and a some water. "And for you, mademoiselle?" The waitress asked.

"Je voudrais le plat de boeuf et limonade" I said. The waitress looked at me, surprised. Shawn did also.

The waitress spoke up. "Oh! Tu parle français?"

"Un petit peu. J'ai étudié le français pendant quatre ans au lycée"

"Votre français est très bon"

"Merci!"

"I will get you two your meals in a little bit"

Shawn looked at me, patting my hand across the table. "You speak French?"

"Yeah. A little bit"

"What did you say to her?"

"I told her I wanted the beef dish and lemonade. Then she asked me if I spoke French. I told her a little and that I studied it in high school for four years. Then she told me my French was very good"

"I'm amazed. The only thing I ever learned during French in high school was if I could go to the bathroom"

I chuckled. "That phrase can come in very handy"

"Yes it can" He said, giving me one of his signature smiles.

Our food came about twenty minutes later and we devoured it like we've never eaten food in our lives. Every single bite eaten was like melted butter, exceptional.