6

Alana's POV

Like Andrew told me, Shawn came exactly five minutes later. I stood up from the couch as he walked in and gave him a hug, both of us sitting back down afterwards.

"Hi" He said, a full smile on his face, causing me to grin.

"Hey. You seem incredibly happy"

"I am. I'm excited for the concert tonight and I'm even more excited that you're here" He reached over the side of the couch, grabbing his acoustic guitar from its case. Resting it on his lap, he began strumming and singing one of his unreleased songs.

"Stuck on You?" I asked.

"You know it?"

"Of course I know it. All of your fans are waiting for it by the way"

He chuckled and continued singing the entirety of the song. Once he was finished, he asked "What do you think?"

"Better than anything I could have ever imagined. Are you ever going to release it?"

"As soon as I can, I'm going to go record it. I just got done perfecting the lyrics this morning" He continued to strum random melodies as I just watched him in complete awe.

A couple of minutes later, a random person, I'm assuming one of the stage managers, passed by the room informing Shawn that he had thirty minutes until the show started.

"Before I go out" He stood up from the couch, getting his things ready. "I wanted to ask if you would like to go out to dinner or something after the show"

"That sounds good!"

"Like. On a date"

"A date" I stated back, almost question-like.

"You can take some time to think about it. But yeah. A date" He went over to me, holding both of my hands. "I know we've only just met but. I like you, Alana. And I want to get to know you"

"Wow" I said, dumbfounded.

"I know it's a lot to take in. At least I think. If you don't want to then I'm totally fine with that"

"I-" I stared at him, with that same look of surprise. He looked at the clock above the door. "I should be heading out know"

I snapped out of my temporary trance. "Good luck. Or break a leg? How about an arm? I'm not sure how it works in the music business"

He chuckled at that as we both walked out of the dressing room.

After the concert...

"YOU WERE AMAZING" I yelled as Shawn approached me backstage.

"Why are you yelling?" He said, laughing.

"Sorry" I regained some stability in my hearing. "Sitting right next the speakers really messes with your hearing"

Shawn put away his guitar and said thank you to the band and staff.

"So. Have you decided"

"Yes, I have decided"

"And?"

"And. I say yes"

"Yes?" He looked at me, the widest grin on is face.

"Yes" I smiled back.

"Come on" He took my hand, leading me out the building to my car.

"Now?" I asked.

"If not now, when? Here" He said, holding out his hand palm side up.

"What? You want me to hold it? I think it's a little too early for that"