Chapter 31: Love

Narrator's POV

Jungkook ended up taking two days off work so he could try and fix the house as quick as he could. He didn't want Jimin to suffer anymore in that house. Being in that house suffocated Jimin and he could tell from the sad expressions he showed in school.

Currently, he was busy painting the house. He was only painting his room and the living room as they were the main parts of the house. He thought he could make it look a little bit more warm and welcoming. His walls were barren which was why he wanted to add some things onto it to make it look more lively. He added a shelf on the wall and placed books onto it - as well as some photo albums. Underneath it, he thought he could use his artistic skills to write something. In his neatest calligraphy, he wrote 'making memories' in black paint. Satisfied with how it looked, he went to his library and brought down some boxes. They were filled with some of his paintings. Instead of doing anything with them, he always put them in boxes to store them away but he thought he could make use of them and hang them around the house. Jungkook selected a few that he thought were pretty enough and framed them before nailing them into the wall. The living room looked much better than it did before. A burst of colour was on the walls and he was satisfied with how it was coming together. Okay, the living room is done. I don't need to buy anything new since the two sofas are still fairly new and the T.V is fine.

With that thought, he moved to his room. He painted it light blue but he made sure to leave one wall white. His mind wandered to the pictures he took with the others. This would be perfect to decorate. Jungkook wanted to make a collage with pictures of all of his friends so he had to wait for the next day to print them all out.

By himself, he dismantled the bed and the cupboard in his room. He had to buy a new cupboard since it would contain both his and Jimin's clothes. Plus he thought it was just better to get a new bed.

All of this hard work made him tired and exhausted. His room was messy and he knew he did enough for the day. Because his room was a mess, he went down the stairs and sat on his sofa. The smell of paint was strong but he didn't mind. Although he was tired, he had to finish some homework and have a shower. Deciding what to do first, he thought it was better to have a shower and then finish his homework which is exactly what he did. Jungkook stepped out of the hot shower and threw some new clothes on before studying.

Not realising when, Jungkook accidentally fell asleep on the sofa, so when he woke up, his body felt sore. He stretched his whole body so he could reduce the stiffness of his joints and he started getting ready for school when he heard his alarm go off. Groggily, he went to his room and he rummaged for his uniform. Since his cupboard was gone, all of his clothes were in a big box. Quickly, he washed his face and wore his uniform before walking out of the house.

When he entered the classroom, he didn't expect Jimin to already be seated. He checked the time on his watch and realised it was later than he usually came to school. Silently, he slipped into his seat and the noise of his chair scraping made Jimin look at him.

"Geez you scared me. I was worried you weren't coming to school because you weren't here before me," he said.

"Ah sorry. Just came a little later than usual," he said after letting out a small yawn.

Out of instinct, he rested his head on his arm that was laying on his desk.

"Hey. You okay? You look tired," Jimin asked out of concern.

"Hmm. Yeah I'm fine. Just fell asleep from the redecorating that's all."

"You don't need to work soo hard Jungkook. I'm fine with how the house currently looks."