Chapter 25: Actions speak louder than words

Jungkook's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone's ringtone. Groggily, I reached out for my phone on my bedside table and checked to see who was calling. The name Namjoon flashed on the screen. I raised an eyebrow at it. Why is he calling me now?

Quickly, I answered the call.

"Hello?" I said in my morning voice since I was still half asleep.

"Hey Jungkook!!" Namjoon cheerily said.

"Hyung, why are you such a morning person?" I groaned as I planted my face back into my pillow.

I heard Namjoon hyung chuckle on the other end of the line.

"Jungkook, you should get up. It's nearly 12," he told me

"That's too early!" I whined to him.

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was rolling his eyes at me.

"Why did you call hyung anyway?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Oh right. I invited everyone to hang out at my house so make sure to come," he told me.

"Okay hyung."

After he said that, I hung up and closed my eyes again to sleep. It didn't take long for me to wake up. I just had to close my eyes to wipe the sleepiness away. After I stretched my whole body, I finally got out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. When I went back into my room, I opened the curtains and I quickly covered my eyes as the sunlight nearly blinded me. It seems like a nice day today. I smiled at the sky. I felt good. Happy actually. Maybe it was because all of the weight on my shoulders were lifted after talking to Jimin, or maybe it was because Jimin confessed to me. Either way, I was elated. I still felt like I was living a dream rather than being in reality. I couldn't believe that Jimin had feelings for me. It just didn't make sense. But after yesterday, I knew that I shouldn't doubt him. Actions speak louder than words and whatever happened yesterday made me believe him. Suddenly I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. Aish. I need to stop blushing.

I grabbed some breakfast and ate it whilst I watched TV. As I sat there, my mind wandered to my mother. She said she wanted to talk to me but I didn't have the heart to talk to her. But then again, she wanted to talk to me so maybe I should wait for her to reach out for me rather than I reach out for her. It might seem selfish but I want to see if she would work hard for me. After I experienced my recent attacks, I just felt exhausted. I don't know why, but I felt exhausted towards my parents. I realised how hard I worked to keep my relationship going with them and that only led me to negative thoughts and tears. By always being the good boy, I hurt myself and clouded my mind with insults and self-doubt. For the past few days, I've received such motivational words that it opened my eyes after soo long. I didn't think I was worth it. I didn't think I would actually be loved. But fate was really funny. Instead of that, I had people who loved me and a special someone. That alone made me feel happy. So I could wait for my parents to come round.

After, I lazed around a bit and my doorbell suddenly rang. I hoisted myself off the sofa before going to my front door. When I opened it, I was met with an angel. Well not far off from one. It was my...boyfriend. I'm still not used to saying that...ah.

"Hyung?"

"Hey Jungkook," he smiled which I reciprocated.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Why? You don't want me here?" he pouted.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Of course I do. Come inside."