Chapter 8: A secret unveiled

(Long chapter ahead)

Narrator's POV

The next few weeks went as usual. Jimin and Jungkook had been studying together after school, as well as their usual hang outs. After Jimin told Jungkook that he would be with his friends sometimes, he always made sure to tell Jungkook when he was going to be with them during break. Of course Jungkook did feel lonely when Jimin wasn't there, but he told himself that he had to deal with it for Jimin. He convinced himself that he shouldn't be selfish and should let Jimin be social, especially with people who have been friends with him nearly his whole life. That alone was nothing compared to his measly more than two weeks with Jimin. But he wasn't that upset. Whenever Jimin wasn't there, he went to the art room where he relaxed and could be himself without being afraid that someone was there. It was always tranquil and with that, Jungkook would always escape reality. Like he described, that place was his 'safe haven'. Also, Jimin always made up for it when they ate lunch together. Without fail, Jimin would always greet him with that bright eye smile of his which always washed away Jungkook's worries and doubts. He didn't know how an eye smile could make him feel better, but it did. Because of this, Jungkook never felt awkward with Jimin and their friendship was still ongoing and strong.

At lunch, Jimin would always talk and Jungkook would always listen, but slowly Jungkook started talking more and that made Jimin happy. Jungkook was letting down his walls slowly to Jimin, so of course he felt like he achieved something great. Also, Jimin would tell Jungkook stories about his friends or what they did that day. One time, Jimin even told Jungkook that his friends were curious of him and wanted to meet him. Of course Jungkook flat out refused, but Jimin told him that it would happen one day.

Deep inside, Jungkook actually did know that him meeting Jimin's friends would for sure happen. Why wouldn't it? He knew their curiosity was growing the more Jimin spent time with him. Of course they would be curious to know how the person, who spends most of their time with one of their best friends, truly is. Truthfully, those thoughts did scare him. He knew their reputation. The most popular boys of the school, so mixing with them was never on his mind. That thought would have never crossed his mind, but there he was befriending Jimin. Thinking about that did make him laugh at how ridiculous it was - his first friend having a reputation and status like Jimin's.

All Jungkook knew was that when that day does happen, he shouldn't freak out. If he did, he was scared he might not get Jimin's friends approval and Jimin might stop hanging out with him.

Lately he has had a good streak of having no major anxiety attacks for the past week. Sure there were minor ones, but this was a huge feat for Jungkook. He had been able to breathe normally, and that made him proud of himself. With the help of Jimin, Jungkook thought that he could actually overcome this terrible condition . Maybe just maybe...

~

Jungkook was in his usual seat and was just listening to music. However, unlike normal, he was gazing outside the window instead of busying himself with school work or drawing. He couldn't remember the last time he just sat there and listened to music without making himself occupied with something else. He felt at peace as his ears absorbed the music and looked at the soft movement of the trees to the slight breeze. It was a nice day where the sun blazed with no clouds to hide behind. It was ruthless with it's heat, but luckily there was slight breeze to help everyone cool off.

Jungkook just remained in his seat staring outside. He didn't realise the slight movement beside him. He didn't realise that Jimin walked in and sat in his seat. He also didn't realise that Jimin just stared at him as he rested his cheek against the palm of his hand. From Jimin's vision, Jungkook was basking in on all the sunlight making him very bright and he had to shield his eyes away. Seeing how peaceful the young boy looked, Jimin couldn't help but smile. He felt warm inside and happy. Seeing the young boy like this, as well as him smiling and happy, was all Jimin needed to feel content.