Chapter 4: A friend?

Jungkook's POV

After hearing the alarm go off, I stuffed my face into my pillow. Why does sleep have to go soo quickly? Aish.

After my constant whining, I finally got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I did the usual, and when I went downstairs, I grabbed a granola bar since I felt a bit hungry as I forgot to eat dinner last night. As I munched on it, I slipped my shoes on as well as my earphones and left my house after locking the door. The air felt warmer today, and I felt the sun heating me up.

As I sat down in the bus, I stared at the clear blue sky, letting my thoughts wander, before it was put to a halt when I noticed my school. I jumped off and headed to my classroom. Luckily, it was empty, and I plopped myself down onto my seat and carried on sketching. By the looks of it, I would be done by tonight, so I could send it off tomorrow.

I was lost in thought as my hands kept sketching, but was interrupted when I heard the door open - causing me to look in that direction. Jimin came strolling in as I just blinked at him.

"Morning Jungkook," he greeted me.

I was surprised he greeted me, so I was very flustered and just managed to nod at him before resuming my work. There was no point in hiding it from him as he already saw it.

I heard a scrape on the floor and looked up to see Jimin sitting down in his seat. Just when I was about to look down, he swiftly turned around, and looked at me.

"How are you Jungkook?" he asked which caught me off guard at the sudden start of small talk.

"Okay," I said in a whisper.

"That's good. I was going to ask you yesterday how you felt, but it slipped my mind. But I can see you look much better compared to two days ago," he gave me a warm smile.

My cheeks tinted pink at what he said. He wanted to ask me if I was okay and I don't know why but it made me feel warm. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, I'm much better," I responded, which made his smile brighter.

I don't know how he does it, but his smile was for sure contagious.

Then footsteps interrupted us, and Jimin looked at the front once Ms Choi walked in.

~
It was literature, and I just sat there staring at my hands, not wanting to make eye contact with Ms Cheong. After yesterday, I was certain I became one of her targets and the last thing I needed was to be flirted on by a teacher. Why can't some messed up person fall in love with her so she doesn't harass children like this? Honestly, I should file a report on her. But then again, she hasn't done anything too severe for her to get a sentence.

Ms Cheong informed us about our first project for literature. After briefing us on what to do and what not to do she said,

"Okay everyone, from today everyone will sit next to their partners. This seating plan will be permanent in my class."

Partner huh? As I was busy avoiding eye contact with Ms Cheong, I heard a chair scrape next to me. I looked to my right and saw Jimin now occupying that seat.

"Hey partner!" he exclaimed.

I blinked.

"You were serious?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Of course I was. Why wouldn't I be?" he replied a bit puzzled at my reaction.

"I thought...you just said it to help me yesterday," I said whilst being embarrassed and scratching my neck.

I saw a sympathetic look on his face, and I knew what he meant.

"Sorry," I apologised for some reason.